Aimée Ann '''Duffy''' (born 23 June 1984), known as Duffy, is a Welsh singer-songwriter.
Her 2008 debut album Rockferry entered the UK Album Chart at number one. It was the best-selling album in the United Kingdom in 2008 with 1.68 million copies sold. The album was certified several times Platinum[ and sold over 6 million copies worldwide, spawning the hits "Mercy" and "Warwick Avenue". With "Mercy", Duffy became the first Welsh woman to achieve number-one on the UK Singles Chart since Bonnie Tyler topped the charts with "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in 1983.
In 2009, Duffy won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album for Rockferry, and she was nominated for two other Grammys at the 51st Grammy Awards. In 2009 she won three Brit Awards: British Breakthrough, Best Female Solo and Best British Album.
In 2010 she completed recording of her second album Endlessly that was released on 29 November and made her acting debut in the film Patagonia. In February 2011 it was announced that Duffy would take an extended hiatus from music before beginning work on her third album. Famous fans include BritneySpears and LadyGaga
* ''Rockferry'' (2008)
* ''Endlessly'' (2010)
!Duffy provides examples of the follow tropes:
* BreakUpSong: Where to start...
* CoverVersion: "Mercy" is one of the most covered songs of recent years.
** She also has the privilege of having one of her songs ("I'm Scared") being covered by BritneySpears covered on her Circus Tour.
** "Distant Dreamer" would have been Rebecca Ferguson's winner single had she won TheXFactor in 2010.
* InterCourseWithYou: WordOfGod states Mercy is about a kind of sexual power play.
* IAmSong: "Distant Dreamer" is also about her own struggle with whether or not she could be a real professional singer or just stick to singing at home.
* LoveWillLeadYouBack:" I'm Scared", "Hard For The Heart", "Don't Forsake Me"
* LoveNostalgiaSong: "Too Hurt To Dance", "Warwick Avenue", "Don't Forsake Me"
* SillyLoveSongs: "Breath Away", "My Boy", "Girl", "Fool For You", "Oh Boy", "Please Stay", "Syrup & Honey", "Serious".
* RockStarSong: "Distant Dreamer"
* UpdatedReRelease: Rockferry was re-released after it's success with an extra disk of tracks
* YourCheatingHeart: "Well Well Well", inverted and denied.