''Demon Stone'' is a hack-and-slash style video game set in the ''TabletopGame/ForgottenRealms'' universe. Its story was written by R.A. Salvatore (of ''Literature/TheLegendOfDrizzt'' fame) and features the voices of Creator/PatrickStewart and Michael Clarke Duncan. It is based on the same game engine that was used to make ''Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers''.
The story tells of how Ygorl the Slaad-Lord and Githyanki general Cireka began a war with each other a century ago to determine who would get to invade and conquer the world of Faerun, only to have their spirits sealed away in a magical gem called a [[TitleDrop Demon Stone]] by the legendary wizard, Khelben Blackstaff. However, Ygorl was able to psychically reach out to three adventurers and trick them into setting him (and by extension, Cireka) free. Now, human fighter Rannek, human wizard Illius and half drow/wood-elf rogue Zhai must seek out a way to stop these two from tearing Faerun apart.
!!Provides Examples of:
* ActionGirl: Zhai.
* AgonyBeam: Illius can get one when he has enough xp.
* BadassBookworm: Illius may be listed as a mage (Complete with a robe and a staff in fact), but he's a surprisingly skilled fighter who puts his magic staff to surprisingly good use other than magic.
* BareYourMidriff: Zhai.
* BigGood: Khelben Blackstaff is one of the most powerful mages on Faerun and was responisble for sealing away Ygorl and Cireka simultaneously.
* BloodKnight: Both the Slaad and the Githyanki are entire races of Blood Knights.
* CharacterCustomization: You can buy specific armor, weapons and other items at the end of each level as you accumulate gold during your travels.
* CharacterLevel: Each of the heroes can reach up to level 15 (though they stop unlocking skills at 10).
* DoomedHometown: Rannek's child-hood home was overrun by trolls. [[spoiler: Zhai's hometown burns to the ground during the third chapter.]]
* EliteMooks: The [[spoiler: faster and more vicious sladd encountered towards the end of the game]] are the most notable example of this trope.
* ExperiencePoints: Each of the characters gains their own xp., though the team as a whole can gain special bonus xp. by pulling off team super-moves.
* EvilVersusEvil: The Slaad-Lord Ygorl and the Githyanki general Cireka are at war with each other over who will get to invade Faerun.
* FakeDifficulty: Several bosses have a special ability which knocks one or more of the player characters unconscious for a few seconds, preventing you from using them during a fight. This is a very transparent effort by the developers to prevent you from beating certain bosses too easily.
* FighterMageThief: Rannek is the fighter, Illius is the mage and Zhai is the thief.
* GameplayAndStorySegregation: You are able to buy very rare and powerful items in between levels, but it is never explained ''where'' exactly you purchase them.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Zhai acts very flippant and callous towards ideas such as altruism near the start of the game and mocks Rannek for spending time helping "weak" wood-elves. She suddenly [[spoiler: becomes very concerned over the fate of her home-town (which is full of wood-elves) when she learns that Cireka wants to summon her army right in the middle of it.]]
* KillItWithFire: The only way to make sure [[spoiler: the trolls in chapter 7 stay down for good]].
* NeckLift: Bugbears can do this to you.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: The three playable characters are tricked by Ygorl into releasing him and his arch-enemy, Cireka, back into the material world.
* TheDragon: [[spoiler: The ''actual'' dragon you encounter in the first level and slay in the ninth is in cahoots with the FinalBoss. You see the big bad take a ride on it at one point, and some bonus material more fully explains their alliance. The dragon being the boss of the penultimate level pretty much seals the deal.]]