[[caption-width-right:300:It's not as dirty as it looks.]]
When a foreign entity like that of a [[TheSymbiote Symbiote]], BodySnatcher, or even a [[TheCracker Hacker]] ([[HackYourEnemy when regarding machines like robots and computers]]) enters/outright hijacks a body, the possessed subject is called the Host, while the possessing subject is the Guest (taken from the terminology used with parasites).
The basic purpose of the host varies on what the point was for it to have been hijacked in the first place. Sometimes it's used as a disguise, other times it's used as a decoy and distraction, even simply being used as a weapon and piece of armor that the possessor uses to cause sheer chaos and destruction, but sometimes... a host can be used for FetishFuel.
For details on the passive/aggressive relationships a Host can have with its "Guest," view TheSymbiote. [[NamesTheSame Has absolutely zilch to do with]] TheHost.
* BigDumbBody - A host with little intelligence, but is desirable for its physical prowess and durability.
* DemonicPossession - when the "guest" is a demonic or other supernatural entity.
* EmptyShell - A host that's without resistance from being taken over.
* GrandTheftMe - when someone enters someone else's consciousness and tries to wrest control from within.
* HauntedFetter - An inanimate object or place that is possessed by a ghost/spirit as a way of binding itself to the realm of the living.
* HauntedTechnology - A machine with a ghost/spirit in it!
* HeroicHost - A host that gets "powers" or "abilities" from their guest.
* LivingBodysuit - A host is chosen as a disguise by the guest for reasons of secrecy and espionage.
* MeatPuppet - A biological host, controlled by the guest.
* PlanetaryParasite - An entire planet is the host of a guest who needs to reproduce.
* SeeingThroughAnothersEyes - The guest is using the senses of the host.
* TwoSiblingsInOne - When a sibling lives on within you... literally.
* WetwareBody - A biological body host has a computer as the guest.
* WetwareCPU - A computer host has the mind of a (once) living creature as the guest.
* WillingChanneler - A host who "wants" to be controlled, or at least isn't against having his/her body used by an outside party.