A series of comic books by Roberta Gregory, featuring the titular character Midge and her coworkers. Midge is permanently stuck in a bad mood - hating her coworkers as well as all other people, and giving them every reason to hate her. Published as stand alone albums as well as in Naughty Bits. Has a spin-off called BitchyButch.
!!Has Examples Of
* AggressiveCategorism: Midge's insufferable [[TheFundamentalist fundamentalist]] coworker Marcie does this all the time. For example, she "know" that the recently hired temp is a witch who can put curses on people, because she has a necklace with a pentagram.
* AuthorAvatar: The author herself makes guest appearances as a character in the comic. Sometimes as narrator, and sometimes bickering with the main character.
* BeautyEqualsGoodness: Subverted - Sylvia is the beautiful one, and also the kind one. But it's all surface. She hates her life and her coworkers just as much as Midge does, it's just that she's fighting a constant inner battle against showing her true feelings.
* BuxomIsBetter: Subverted - Midge is thin with huge tits, but this does not make her beautiful. On the contrary, the huge sagging boobs strongly contribute to making her FetishRetardant.
* CatchPhrase: Midge says "Shit!" so often you'd think it was punctuation. Which, for her, it is.
* CategorismAsAPhobia: Midge has a crazy coworker who usually is merely bigoted. But in one episode she developed some weird panic anxiety against a temporary coworker because she believed her to be a pagan. The boss had to waste a lot of energy keeping her reasonably sane.
* CrapsackWorld: The narrative portray the world this way... or is it just that it's the world seen through the eyes of a bitter bitchy bitch?
* DeepSouth: Marcie surely comes from the deep south. She's a stupid and extremely prejudiced (but cute) SouthernBelle wannabe with a heavy accent.
* DestructiveRomance: Midge is so fragile that any romance she experiences is likely to turn into this.
* FeelingOppressedByTheirExistence: This trope is a stock complaint from various versions of TheFundamentalist, feeling oppressed by the existence of Atheists and Gays and so on. Even when the Atheists and Gays are simply minding their own business. ''Especially'' then, actually, since they thus send the heretical political message that they somehow deserve to exist.
* HeteronormativeCrusader: One of the coworkers is a evangelical homophobe - whose prejudice only serves to infuriate Midge further.
* LowerDeckEpisode: one issue is focused on a week in the life of New Age co-worker Sylvia, while main character Midge (aka 'Bitchy Bitch') was on vacation. While her relentlessly positive attitude is a source of annoyance for the perpetually cranky Midge, here we see her as a much more three dimensional character who is just as much, if not more so, stressed out by her job as Midge is.
* ParalyzingFearOfSexuality: Bitchy Bitch has this kind of baggage in her back-story, and it keeps dragging her down.
* RapeAsBackstory: Midge was molested as a child.
* SurroundedByIdiots: Midge feels this way about her coworkers. The feeling is mutual.