''"Exploiting werewolf law in a life or death situation against opponents with everything to gain." He chuckled and offered his hand, "I'm in."''
A website showcasing the work of an amateur New Zealand writer, attempting to learn by doing.
There are two Novels on the website at the moment; serializing daily, plus a Twitterbook also serializing daily.
* [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/becoming-a-better-writer/the-wolfs-will/ The Wolf's Will:]] A newspaper editor attempts to exploit werewolf law for profit; he knows what he's letting himself in for, his traveling companions really don't.
* [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/becoming-a-better-writer/demonic-symphony/ Demonic Symphony:]] Two under-prepared Demon Hunters find themselves way in over their heads; many ugly cars are wrecked.
* [[http://twitter.com/Ulysses_Perhero The ongoing adventures of Ulysses Perhero:]] A casual Twitterbook about a HeroicComedicSociopath
It's possible to see the quality of the writing improve not only between books but actually within the books themselves.
Here is the link http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/
!!This show provides examples of:
* AgainstMyReligion - A man tries to avoid giving Ulysses information this way; [[http://twitter.com/Ulysses_Perhero/status/1735664791 it doesn't go well]]
* BystanderSyndrome - The attitude of the general population towards demons in Demonic Symphony, and oh boy does it backfire.
* DemonSlaying, Must be the entire point of [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/becoming-a-better-writer/demonic-symphony/ Demonic Symphony]]
* EnthusiasmVersusStoicism - It definitely wouldn't stretch credibility to see this as the relationship between Greg and Tony Tony. Look at the start of [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/the-wolfs-will-scene-004/ this]] scene to see what I mean.
* EmotionsVsStoicism - WordOfGod has it that this was originally meant to be the point of [[BecomingABetterWriter The Wolf's Will]]; unfortunately they lose their stoic after the first chapter
** And find a better stoic
* GranolaGirl - Christine has [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/demonic-symphony-scene-072/ touches of this.]]
* OurDemonsAreDifferent - In Demonic Symphony, the demons are the embodiments of emotional energy projected on the world.
** In theory, this means that there should be demons for other strong emotions such as love, but this isn't really touched on during the book.
* UsefulNotes/NaNoWriMo - [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/becoming-a-better-writer/the-wolfs-will/ The Wolf's Will]] was written as part of this
* SignificantAnagram - [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/the-wolfs-will-scene-009/ Mr. Ian Woon]] is an anagram of [=NaNoWriMo=], this also counts as a ShoutOut
* SkySurfing - Used in The Wolf's Will for the [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin Wind]] [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/the-wolfs-will-scene-011/ Surfers]]
* StevenUlyssesPerhero - Naturally, Ulysses Perhero.
* TheStoic - Greg has his moments of stoicism, but he has absolutely nothing on Free Flower, or on Beatrice from Demonic Symphony.
** WordOfGod has it that the last two are actually incapable of feeling emotion
* TheStoner - Mr. Ian Woon again; [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/the-wolfs-will-scene-009/ a flying surfboard riding hippy.]]
* TaughtByExperience - Given as a reason for Derek's [[http://becomingabetterwriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/demonic-symphony-scene-029/ continued survival]]