Avalon Heroes is an online game crossing the Action-RPG and RTS genres, much in the same manner as games like LeagueOfLegends and DefenseOfTheAncients. While bearing many similarities to the aforementioned games, Avalon Heroes still manages to have its own style, featuring anime-style characters who seem to all run on RuleOfCool.
The game features two different factions, the first being Aeonia, a typical swords and sorcery sort of group based quite a bit on traditional European fantasy. The second faction is Oriens, which is based more on Oriental fantasy. Players create a 'kin', a sort of heroes guild that allies itself with one faction or the other, using the heroes specific to that faction, though they can always switch to the other side in between games. Each game a player picks one hero from the ones available to your kin.
Individual games range from Battle mode, where two teams fight to destroy the other's base; Adventure Mode, a cooperative mode where players from both factions band together to take down a computer-controlled dungeon and boss; and Scenario Mode, a single-player adventure that tells the story of the world, allowing one to also unlock new heroes.
Korean game that recently was given an English/European release. It's a free-to-play, pay-for-perks game.
!!This game provides examples of:
* ActionGirl: Pallas. Armed with a sword, a maul, an arbalest and a handful of throwing axes probably hidden in her underwear.
* AmuletOfConcentratedAwesome: Mirror of Disintegration, apparently. Or at least when you're up against Laina, Shaochun or Aiken.
* AnAxeToGrind: Elinesse and Bazraal.
* ArcherArchetype: ARC, Dukan, and Bingyokyung.
* BackToBackBadasses: Yohog has a buff called Grand Elemental Stance that (luckily for the opponents) only affects her and Juajin, making them a formidable two-person team.
* BalefulPolymorph: Gandilva possesses the ability to turn other heroes into a mandrake plant, temporarily.
* BareFistedMonk: Juajin.
* BarrierWarrior: Maguiel with her HUGE shields.
* TheBeastmaster: Heathpati is this mixed with a bit of ForestRanger.
* BladeOnAStick: Jarje.
* BlindIdiotTranslation: The dialogue translations for the scenarios can be understood, but are pretty painfully bad at times.
* BoisterousBruiser: Takiru's voice acting makes him sound like this.
** Baratsh is another.
* BribingYourWayToVictory: The in-game store. Some items can be obtained normally, but items such as a potion which grant you invulnerability will cost you real money.
* TheCorrupter: Novek.
* CuteBruiser: Juajin. Although a [[AnimeChineseGirl scantly clad]] teenage girl at first glance, she can do some serious damage with her fists.
* DealWithTheDevil: The whole Aiken and Novek relationship.
* TheEvilPrince: Aiken almost literally sells his soul to the devil in order to surpass Keias and become Aeonian king.
* FakeDifficulty: Scenarios. See below.
* GlassCannon: Many heroes qualify as this, particularly the ones focusing on Agility.
* GrumpyOldMan: Jarje, while not being that old, often acts like one.
* GunsAreWorthless: While not exactly worthless, many characters have some form of firearm, which ends up being no more powerful than those fighting with any other weapon.
* TheGunslinger: Jonathan.
* TheHero: Keias serves this role in the Aeonia scenarios. For Oriens, this instead seems to be Takiru.
* HeroesPreferSwords: Keias. Raiksha also uses swords, [[AntiHero though it's debatable if he's the 'hero' of Oriens.]]
* HumanPopsicle: The end result if you're hit with Bingyokyung's ultimate.
* AnIcePerson: Bingyokyung. Also, the smaller half of the Fletcher Brothers.
* ImprobableWeaponUser: Many heroes use some odd weapons, including harps, drums, and stone statues.
* JackOfAllStats: Raiksha, Juajin, Pallas and Keias are all well-rounded fighters.
* KnightInShiningArmor: Keias, without doubt.
* LadyOfWar: Nachasha arguably qualifies.
* TheLancer: Jarje serves this role to Keias during the Aeonia scenarios.
* LethalJokeCharacter: Shaochun and Elinesse are difficult to take seriously. Until they kill you.
* LevelGrinding: Quite a bit of every match involves running around and slaying monsters for experience and gold.
* LinearWarriorsQuadraticWizards: Inverted, as most abilities don't scale with level, while auto-attack damage continues to rise. Partially averted with some heroes though, as a few abilities do scale with certain stats.
* LuckStat: Works exactly as the description says.
* MagicMusic: Laina and Gandilva use this.
* MakingASplash: The newly-added Subaekrim is a water maiden. Possibly, [[AnIcePerson Bingyokyung's]] 'hotter' sister, as some people joke.
* MoneySpider: All creeps drop money, but a certain map has two literal money spiders that drop 300 gold, which is almost double the amount most other monsters give you.
* MusicalAssassin: Again, Laina and Gandilva.
* PlayingWithFire: Yunkwanchung's and Ignes' schticks. Also, the larger half of the Fletcher Brothers.
* ThePowerOfLove: Elinesse literally emanates it.
* ProperlyParanoid: Dukan, when you first encounter him.
* RoyalsWhoActuallyDoSomething: Quite a few of the heroes are some form of royalty or leaders of their people, most obviously Keias, Raiksha, and Nachasha.
* RuleOfCool: Seems to be how the characters are designed.
* ShapeShifter: Takiru and Kazure.
* ShockAndAwe: Jarje's schtick.
* SillyWalk: Oh, so many.
** Lejena looks like she's doing pirouettes (sorta justified, since she's literally running on air).
** [[TheJester Yohog]] skips along merrily and waves her hands in the air.
** Ignes' looks completely normal... until you realise he's doing typical walking motions even though he has no feet.
* SniperRifle: MOON's weapon.
* SquishyWizard: Most Intelligence heroes are this.
* StoneWall: Most PHY heroes are this.
* SummonMagic: Aiken specializes in this.
* SuperpoweredEvilSide: Keias can summon his evil half, Cain, to fight with him, which has a few powerful abilities that makes Keias very difficult to kill.
* TrialAndErrorGameplay: Scenarios tend to focus their difficulty on cheap-shots, poorly translated instructions, and a lot of this.
* VillainShoes: Most of the Oriens scenario missions.
* YouGottaHaveBlueHair: Bingyokyung.
* YoungerThanTheyLook: Juajin. She's intended to be a fairly young girl, yet her character art has her being very...well developed, not to mention her voice actress sounds very adult.