''The Rescuers'' is a series of children's novels written by Margery Sharp and illustrated by Garth Williams.
It consists of:
* ''The Rescuers'' (1959)
* ''Miss Bianca'' (1962)
* ''The Turret'' (1963)
* ''Miss Bianca in the Salt Mines'' (1966)
* ''Miss Bianca in the Orient'' (1970)
* ''Miss Bianca in the Antarctic'' (1971)
* ''Miss Bianca and the Bridesmaid'' (1972)
* ''Bernard the Brave'' (1977)
* ''Bernard into Battle'' (1978)
The series inspired the Disney films ''Disney/TheRescuers'' and ''Disney/TheRescuersDownUnder''.
!!This series provides examples of:
* BigFancyHouse: The MouseWorld equivalent: in the books, Miss Bianca is a pampered pet whose cage is a porcelain pagoda.
* PolarBearsAndPenguins: ''Miss Bianca in the Antarctic'' features polar bears -- who explain that they're visiting from the Arctic on a cultural exchange program.
* PrettyInMink: Miss Bianca has a fur cape in the books.
* RobotGirl: The villain of the second book likes to tell the time with her maid-servants curtseying - but the girls she hires can't take the strain of standing in place for hours on end. So she has clockwork servants made instead.
* ThrowingYourSwordAlwaysWorks: In ''The Rescuers'', it is Bernard's desperate, last ditch throwing of his dagger that causes the villain to lose his grip on the ladder, leading to his ultimate defeat.