%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''The Parasite War'' is a science fiction novel by author Tim Sullivan. It centers on a group of human renegades fighting to survive in the aftermath of an AlienInvasion of protoplasmic aliens. It's similar in some respects to the ever-popular zombie apocalypse genre, but the virus is alien in origin and eventually eats the humans it infects while they search for other humans to feed on in the meantime.
* ApocalypseHow: Planetary/Societal Collapse
* AteHisGun: Alex tries this after realizing he's infected, but it fails because the colloid fought him.
%%* AttackOfTheFiftyFootWhatever: The Neonate
%%* BattleCouple: Jo and Alex
%%* BlobMonster: The Colloids
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: The guy who gets [[spoiler: his arms torn off and then he's torn in half by the Neonate.]]
%%* DyingRace: the colloids.
* GhostCity: Philadelphia, after the colloids all leave.
* HopelessWar: Seems this way for a while. The other people the original grop encounters verbalize it several times. But they get proven wrong.
%%* KillItWithFire: The colloids and the Neonate
%%* LaResistance: The guerrillas
%%* MindlinkMates: Alex and Jo, by the end.
* MonumentalBattle: The climax at the Statue of Liberty.
* PsychicRadar: Alex and Jo can both sense when the colloids are close.
* PuppeteerParasite: The colloids, once they alter themselves. Alex and Jo are both briefly infested.
%%* StarfishAliens: The colloids.
%%* TelepathicSpacemen: the colloids
%%* ToServeMan: The colloids.
* TouchedByVorlons: Alex and Jo retain telepathic abilities with each other after the colloids leave them.