-> ''[[TitleDrop Jewel Kingdom]]\\
You will find it if you try,\\
High above the mountains in the sky.''
-->-- Theme song from the movie
''The Jewel Kingdom'' series by Jahnna N. Malcolm is about a group of four [[EverythingsBetterWithPrincesses princess sisters]] who are each given a quarter of the Jewel Kingdom to rule. Armed with [[ChekhovsGun Chehkov's Guns]], every known variety of mentor in animal form, and glittery gemstones, the girls, ranging from age 8 to 10, become the Jewel Princesses. But all is not well, as Lord Bleak and his daughter Rudgrin are the main villains of the series. A film was also made, and there are 13 books in all.
Books in the series include:
# ''The Ruby Princess Runs Away''
# ''The Sapphire Princess Meets a Monster''
# ''The Emerald Princess Play a Trick''
# ''The Diamond Princess Saves the Day''
# ''The Ruby Princess Sees a Ghost''
# ''The Sapphire Princess Hunts for Treasure''
# ''The Emerald Princess Finds a Fairy''
# ''The Diamond Princess and the Magic Ball''
# ''The Ruby Princess and the Baby Dragon''
# ''The Sapphire Princess Helps a Mermaid''
# ''The Emerald Princess Follows a Unicorn''
# ''The Diamond Princess Steps Through Her Mirror''
# ''The Jewel Princesses and the Missing Crown''
!!This series contains examples of the following tropes:
* HundredPercentAdorationRating: All four sisters are positively adored by their people.
* ActionGirl: All the princesses, but Roxanne takes the cake.
* AuthorityEqualsAsskicking: The girls.
* BlondBrunetteRedhead: Sabrina is the blond, Roxanne and Demetra are the brunettes, and Emily is the redhead.
* ColorCodedForYourConvenience: The colors refer to the personality types of each girl, using the FourElementEnsemble in reference to the Four Seasons: Demetra, Winter/Air; Roxanne, Fire/Autumn; Sabrina, Water/Spring; Emily, Earth/Summer. This also appears in their kingdoms, which are eternally in their 'season'.
* CunningLikeAFox Demetra's royal adviser, Finley is a snow fox.
* DaddysLittleVillain: Rudgrin, Lord Bleak's daughter.
* DarkMagicalGirl: Rudgrin again.
* TheDitz: Emily comes off as this.
* FieryRedhead: Emily.
* GenkiGirl: Emily.
* HairOfGoldHeartOfGold: Blonde Sabrina is the sweetest and most innocent of the sisters.
* ImprobableAge: These girls are 10-years-old and running the entire kingdom together.
* IneptMage: Wink, in ''The Diamond Princess and the Magic Ball''
* LikeFatherLikeSon: Rudgrin is just as nasty and mean as her father.
* MagicMirror: Demetra owns a magic hand mirror.
* MeaningfulName: ''Rox''anne rules the Ruby ''Mountains''. King ''Regal'' and Queen ''Jemma'' are obvious. Lord ''Bleak'' rules a barren, dying country.
* NonHumanSidekick: All four girls have a non-human royal adviser. Roxanne's is the dragon Hapgood, Sabrina's is the butterfly Zazz, Emily's is the unicorn Arden, and Demetra's is the snow fox Finley.
* OurDragonsAreDifferent: They are Western dragons in appearance and breathe fire, but like Eastern dragons, they can talk and are considered wise.
* ParentalAbandonment: We see the girls' parents in the first book, and that's it.
* PuppyLove: Demetra and Wink
* ReasonableAuthorityFigure: The girls are generally the wisest, most powerful authority figures in the land.
* RidiculouslyCuteCritter: Roxanne's baby dragon, Sassafras, is so adorable, he induces CutenessOverload in everyone around him.
* ShrinkingViolet: Played straight with Sabrina, averted in Roxanne.
* TomboyPrincess: Roxanne and Emily.
* WinterRoyalLady: Demetra.