"The Happy Prince" is a short story by Creator/OscarWilde about a romantic swallow and the statue of a prince, who, after spending all his life in luxury, is turned into a statue who watches all the misery outside his palace.
It's currently in public domain, and can be read in full [[http://www.online-literature.com/poe/177/ here]].
!!This tale provides examples of the following tropes:
* [[spoiler:BitterSweetEnding]]: See [[spoiler:DiedHappilyEverAfter]]
* [[spoiler:DiedHappilyEverAfter]]:[[spoiler:"for in my garden of Paradise this little bird shall sing for evermore, and in my city of gold the Happy Prince shall praise me."]]
* DoubleEntendre: The description of the Reed is full of these.
* InLoveWithLove: The Swallow.
-->"Who are you?" [The Swallow] said.
-->"I am the Happy Prince."
-->"Why are you weeping then?"
* StealthPun: The description of the reed, which is full of double entendres about plants
-->[...]''The Reed shook her head, she was so attached to her home.''
* TalkingAnimal: The Swallow.