The Demon Trappers Series is a series of young adult books written by Jana Oliver.
It’s the year 2018, and with human society seriously disrupted by the economic upheavals of the previous decade, Lucifer has increased the number of demons in all major cities. Atlanta is no exception. Fortunately, humans are protected by Demon Trappers, who work to keep homes and streets safe from the things that go bump in the night. Seventeen-year-old Riley, only daughter of legendary Demon Trapper Paul Blackthorne and the sole female trapper in the Atlanta Guild, has always dreamed of following in her father’s footsteps. When she’s not keeping up with her homework or trying to manage her growing attraction to fellow Trapper apprentice, Simon, Riley’s out saving citizens from Grade One Hellspawn. Business as usual, really, for a demon-trapping teen. When a Grade Five Geo-Fiend crashes Riley’s routine assignment at a library, jeopardizing her life and her chosen livelihood, she realizes that she’s caught in the middle of a battle between Heaven and Hell.
# ''The Demon Trapper's Daughter'' (Known as "Forsaken" in the UK)
# ''Soul Thief'' (Known as "Forbidden" in the UK)
# ''Foretold'' (August 2012)
!!!'''This series provides examples of:'''
* AbusiveParents: Beck's drunken mother.
* AlphaBitch: Brandy acts as this occasionally, but she and Riley are on unusually good terms for the trope.
* AlwaysChaoticEvil: Demons.
* AngerBornOfWorry: Beck to Riley. All the time.
* BerserkButton: Don't mess with Riley when Beck or Paul is around. Just "don't".
* BigBrotherInstinct: Beck for Riley.
* BigDamnHeroes: Ori and [[spoiler: the angels]] turn up just in time to [[spoiler: save Riley from the Geo-Fiend in the first book]]
* DaddysGirl: Riley, [[spoiler: before he dies, anyway]]
** [[spoiler: And then again, after he is revived in book two]]
* DeadpanSnarker: Beck and Riley especially.
* DealWithTheDevil: Demons often try to make deals with the trappers or the hunters. It's generally a bad idea.
---> ''Riley:'' You'd find yourself at Hell's front door trying to explain why your soul had a big brand on it that said "Property of Lucifer".
* DisappearedDad: Beck doesn't know who his dad is, and he's a lot happier that way.
* GiveHimANormalLife: What Paul Blackthorne wanted for Riley, and what Beck tries afterwards.
* GenreSavvy: Riley, definitely.
* GoodParents: Paul Blackthorne
* HiddenDepths:[[spoiler: Beck is learning how to read, he's trying to get rid of his drawl and he keeps a bunny rabbit as a pet.]]
* ItsAllMyFault: After the events of the first book, Simon and Riley are both blaming themselves over the holy water.
* Jerkass: [[spoiler: Simon shows shades of this book two after the demon attack]]
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Beck
* Necromancer: Many. They raise the dead as [[NotUsingTheZWord 'Deaders']] and sell them to rich families as slaves.
* OurAngelsAreDifferent: Some of them are homeless!
* OurDemonsAreDifferent: There are Five Grades of demons, and then Archdemons as well.
* ParentalSubstitute: Beck tries.
* SleepCute: [[spoiler: After the demon attack on the Tabernacle, Riley and Beck head back to the graveyard where they sleep in zipped-together sleeping bags, holding each other for the night in the protective circle. Also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming]]