''Survivor'' is a satirical novel by Creator/ChuckPalahniuk, first published in February 1999. The book tells the story of Tender Branson, a member of the Creedish Church, a death cult. The chapters and pages are numbered backwards in the book, beginning with Chapter 47 on page 289 and ending with page 1 of Chapter 1.
!!Contains examples of:
* AnachronicOrder: The protagonist is speaking the entire story into the flight recorder of the plane he has hijacked. His narration unfolds two time lines. One is his time after being one of the few survivors of a suicide cult while the other time line covers his indoctrination. The disjointed narrative is highlighted by the page and chapter count of the book running backwards, counting down to the point when the plane will run out of fuel.
* CursedWithAwesome: Fertility Hollis dreams about the future. This means she knows everything. [[PrescienceIsPredictable This means a lifetime without surprise and discovery.]]
* GoodPeopleHaveGoodSex: Averted. [[spoiler: Tender only last about a minute, maybe less, before ejaculating. Although somehow, he still ends up impregnating Fertility]]
* IronicName: [[spoiler: Fertility]]
* UnusualChapterNumbers: The book begins with Chapter 47 and counts down.