''Skellig'' is a novel by David Almond about a boy who finds a decrepit WingedHumanoid living in a dark corner of the garage of the house his family has just moved into. It received the CarnegieMedal in 1998.
In 2009, it was adapted into a TV movie starring Creator/TimRoth as Skellig, Bill Milner (''Film/SonOfRambow'') as Michael, and Creator/JohnSimm and Creator/KellyMacdonald as Michael's parents.
!!This book/movie provides examples of:
* AdultFear: Michael's parents move into a new house (in the film it is stressed how much financial strain this puts on them). Then the mother has a baby...who falls gravely ill and may die at any moment. Not to mention the hospital bills.
* AngelUnaware: Skellig, maybe.
* AnimalEyes: In the film, Skellig repeatedly demonstrates he has a nictitating membrane, similar to that of a birds. Incidentally, humans once also possessed a third eyelid, but it was lost early in the course of our evolution.
* CloudCuckoolander: Mina, the girl who lives next door to Michael.
* OurAngelsAreDifferent: If Skellig ''is'' an angel, he's certainly very different from what you'd expect.
* PlotInducedIllness: Had the baby never been sick, Michael likely wouldn't have felt so alienated from his family and therefore wouldn't have gone exploring by himself in dangerous places like the garage (or old shed in the movie adaptation) and discovered Skellig, or at the least would have been enlisted by his parents to help more around the house or with the baby - and then he just would not have had the free time.
* ShoutOut: [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skellig_Michael Skellig Michael]] is an island and site of an ancient monastery off the coast of Ireland.
* WhoWantsToLiveForever: Skellig says he is as old as the earth, and has utterly given up on life, but is unable to die.
* WingedHumanoid: Skellig