Also known as the ''AliensAteMyHomework'' series.
A children's series about a 12-year old that has a tiny spaceship crash into his room, and ends up helping the aliens on their mission.
Written by Creator/BruceCoville in TheNineties, the series in chronological order is: ''Aliens Ate My Homework'', ''I Left My Sneakers In Dimension X'', ''The Search for Snout'' (or ''Aliens Stole My Dad'' if you live in the UK), and ''Aliens Stole My Body''.
!!This series provides examples of:
* [[ADogAteMyHomework Aliens Ate My Homework]]: See the title. It was actually the truth, but due to the circumstances, it came across as a RefugeInAudacity joke.
* AlienLunch: Grakker's people raise worms to eat.
* AmbiguouslyGay: Snout and Grakker. They share a private room and are unusually close.
* BirdsOfAFeather: BKR and Smorkus Flinders are good friends and partners because they're the two most evil and vicious criminals in each other's respective dimensions.
* CannotTellALie: Rod. That's why the first book is named such. (The one significant time he ''does'' lie (he lies at the end of the first book), near the end of the series, BKR sees through it.)
* EldritchLocation: Dimension X
* EvilIsPetty: BKR is implied to be Space Hitler and starts the book in his latest scheme -- bullying children at an elementary school.
** It should be mentioned that according to the aliens, the worst possible crime is [[ForTheEvulz cruelty]], because unlike other crimes which might have mitigating factors, if you're cruel, it's because you willingly choose to be.
* FantasticHonorifics: The "Tar" of Tar Gibbons is an honorific meaning "Wise and beloved master who could kill me with his little finger if he so wished."
* ForTheEvulz: Everything BKR does is for this, such as his plan to merge our dimension with Dimension X and his later plan to freeze time. Grakker notes in both cases that BKR is well aware that he would be affected just like everyone else, but as long as he can hurt people, he just doesn't care.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Grakker has a HairTriggerTemper and can be quite vicious, but he is genuinely a good person, and ''way'' better than his nemesis BKR.
* HalfHumanHybrid: [[spoiler: Rod]] and his siblings... sort of. Atlantean human/human, anyway.
* ItIsDehumanizing: Rod points this out when the Tar asks to be referred to as 'it', but as it points out, it is neither male nor female, making the corresponding pronouns wrong and therefore insulting in their own right.
* PlantAliens: Phil is a (dead ringer for a) sunflower.
* PunnyName: Phil O'Dendron.
* Really700YearsOld: Rod's father is actually 35,000 years old.
* SarcasticConfession: By accident. "Aliens ate my homework" was the honest truth, but as Madame Pong pointed out, it was such a bizarre explanation that nobody could be expected to take it seriously.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveMoney: At one point, Arnie the school bully tries to have his dad sue Rod's mother, because Rod (with a little alien help) ducked his fist and he broke it against the school's wall. While there's no way that it would hold up in court, Rod's mother mentions that she can't afford the trouble.
* ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight: The crew's decision to travel on to the Mentat rather than follow the Galactic Patrol's orders in the third book.
* SingleBiomePlanet: Averted pretty hard, and lampshaded when Rod asks Grakker about his home.
-->'''Grakker''': Do ''you'' come from a swamp planet?
* StevenUlyssesPerhero: BKR's alias on Earth is Billy Becker.
* TertiarySexualCharacteristics: Due to the BizarreAlienBiology of the StarfishAliens
** Of the five alien crew members 2 that are roughly male, 1 female, 1 plant that uses male pronouns, and 1 with no equivalent in Earth's biology that considers male or female pronouns insulting. When Rod's cousin asks why there is only one female, she explains that the sheer diversity of species means they don't even pay attention to that kind of thing anymore.
* TragicMonster: Smorkus Flinders, BKR's friend and partner, was once a kind and decent person until he was caught in a particularly horrific Reality Quake and turned into the monster he is. Unlike BKR, who simply does what he does ForTheEvulz, Smorkus Flinders does what he does as a way of lashing out at life and the universe for what they did to him.
* TimeStandsStill: [[spoiler:BKR's ultimate goal]].
* WhamEpisode: The final chapter of ''I Left my Sneakers in Dimension X'' reveals that [[spoiler: Rod's absent father]] is an alien and a member of the Galactic Patrol.
* WhoNamesTheirKidDude: The villain named BKR. Yes. That's his full name.