2007 book by Gena Showalter. Phoenix Germaine has been trying to earn back her mother's trust after going into rehab and kicking Onadyn -- the drug of choice for New Chicago teens. But when a party in the woods turns into an all-out battle with the most ferocious aliens Phoenix has never seen, she's brought home in what appears to be an Onadyn-induced state. Hello, reform school.
Except, what her mother doesn't know is that Phoenix has just been recruited to join the elite Alien Investigation and Removal agency, where she'll learn to fight dirty, track hard, and destroy the enemy. Her professional training will be rigorous and dangerous, and the fact that one of her instructors is Ryan Stone -- the drop-dead gorgeous, nineteen-year-old agent she met in the woods that night -- doesn't make things any easier.
* AliensAreBastards: For the most part.
* AlienInvasion: Happened long before the book started.
* AlphaBitch: Allison Stone
* AwesomeMcCoolname: Phoenix Germaine, Ryan Stone
* CatGirl: Kitten, though strictly speaking she is an alien.
* FantasticDrug: Onadyn, which was made for aliens who couldn't handle oxygen but humans abuse it to get high.
* FantasticRacism: Against aliens or Outers.
* GovernmentAgencyOfFiction: Alien Investigation and Removal agency, or A.I.R.
* HumanoidAliens: Most aliens described fall into this.
* ImprobableAge: The agents are mostly under 20.
* KidnappedByAnAlly: [[spoiler: The AIR school kidnaps Phoenix from school.]]
* TheMasquerade: The public doesn't know the truth about predatory aliens.
* MilitarySchool / SpySchool: The Alien Investigation and Removal agency school is a combination of the two.
* NewNeoCity: New Chicago
* RayGun: The trainees learn how to use one.
* RecruitingTheCriminal: Quite a few of the students at A.I.R. are former criminals, such as Phoenix.
* TeacherStudentRomance: [[spoiler: Eventually happens with Ryan and Phoenix]].
* TeenSuperspy: Phoenix becomes one of these.
* TwentyMinutesIntoTheFuture: Probably closer to just being "TheFuture". Apparently aliens have been living among humans for 70 years.
* WildTeenParty: The opening