->''Well, wasn't I lucky they only asked those questions to which I knew the answers?''
-->--'''Ram Mohammed Thomas'''
''Q & A'' is a novel written by Vikas Swarup, mostly known as the book that inspired ''SlumdogMillionaire''. It follows a very similar (though not identical) plotline to the movie in which Ram Mohammed Thomas, an Indian boy from the slums, manages to win a billion rupees on a TV game show. The story is told from his point of view, as he explains it to a benevolent lawyer who, unlike [[CorruptCop the police]], believes that he didn't cheat.
!!The book includes examples of:
* AbusiveParents: Gudiya's father.
* AnachronicOrder: Well it wouldn't make sense for events to have happened in the same order as the questions, [[AdaptationInducedPlotHole would it]]?
* BlandNameProduct: ''Who Will Win A Billion?'' is a thinly-disguised ''WhoWantsToBeAMillionaire'' -- so thinly that the film was made by the company that owned the international rights to ''Millionaire'', and they just used it straight.
* ChekhovsGun: It's the foundation of the plot — something. Since, unlike in the film, the flashback is given before you find out what question it helped Ram answer, you get to have fun figuring out what part of the story will turn out to be the ChekhovsGun.
* ChekhovsGunman: Gudiya turns out to be [[spoiler:the lawyer who helps Ram.]] The man that Ram's friend takes a picture of on the beach is [[spoiler:a man who once abused them and many other children for financial gain.]]
* DarkerAndEdgier: How the book seems to anyone who watched the movie first.
* DepravedHomosexual: in the form of two paedophiles and one priest who is practically a ClubKid.
* HeadsOrTails: Ram flips a 'lucky coin' to make important decisions throughout his life. As it turns out, [[spoiler: Ram's coin was a trick coin and he was fully aware of what life-changing choices he made throughout the story]].
* HollywoodVoodoo: The story of the man and the voodoo doll.
* HookerWithAHeartOfGold: Nita
* LandDownUnder: Ram temporarily lives with Australians, and learning the accent [[ChekhovsGun comes in handy.]]