->''"There are things we all know, horrible truths we are all aware of, but that knowledge doesn't ease the pain."''
-->-- '''Nick''', ''Oktober''
''[[http://www.vakinc.com/oktober/newest.html Oktober]]'' is a web novel by [[Tropers/VAKinc Vak Beacon]] that follows the misadventures of four 'criminals' as they make their way across the US in a vintage car called Katie. Each chapter is told four times from the point of view of each character, which tends to lead to some bizarre deviations. For instance, each one of them says that Katie is a different model car (Nick says its a Studebaker Avanti, Matthias says its a Jaguar E-type, etc.) Additionally, each character's take on various events differ slightly. Every character has a special color associated with them, Orange for Nick, Blue for Smith, Red for Natasha, and Green for Matthias. Every time the letter "k" pops up in the text, it is colored a different color depending on who is telling the story. It's still in the early stages, but it's worth checking out anyway.
This web novel provides examples of:
* ArcNumber: 636
* ArcWords: "I've seen how this ends" seems to be cropping up a lot.
* AdultFear: [[spoiler:Smith's wife being killed, and his daughter being tortured and forced to commit murder, before being killed in front of him.]]
* BilingualBonus: "Le Cafe de Nourriture" that Matthias is fond of translates to "The Cafe of Food".
* BornLucky: Renard is the ''epitome'' of this.
* ColorCodedCharacters: Each character's color is prominently displayed on the page when they are narrating.
* CoolCar: Depending on who you ask, Katie is either a Studebaker Avanti, Jaguar E-Type, or 1964 Mustang. All of which are pretty awesome cars. Also, apparently you're not allowed in the trunk.
* CompellingVoice: Nick, but at this point it's just InformedAbility.
* CrazyAwesome: [[http://www.vakinc.com/oktober/chap1_natasha.html Natasha,]] emphasis on the crazy.
** Hell, as of the [[spoiler:end of Book 1,]] I'd just call her plain crazy.
* TheGambler: Renard.
* IntrepidReporter: What Nick thought being a journalist would be like.
* MindScrew: Bascially [[strike:all of Natasha's entries]] ''the entire thing''.
** Specifically, every one of Natasha's entries are mindbending. Chapter 5 deserves special mention though. Then there is [[spoiler:the Labyrinth chapter, during which each character is trapped in some sort of bizarre nightmare world. Additionally, Katie's trunk, which is a secret up until Chapter 6. You assume that there is money or drugs in there, but then ''it's a portal to some alternate universe''. And after Nick gets out of the labyrinth and starts talking to the reader, well...]]
* LiteraryAgentHypothesis: Could potentially work until [[spoiler:Nick realizes he isn't real, and is a character in a book.]]
* PaintingTheMedium: In addition to the varying colors of the "k"s, each character has a special 'theme' that the site uses.
** "Oh, huh. See I always thought you used American speech patterns cause of lazy writing."
* RashomonStyle: Each character recounts the events in varying ways, see [=Unreliable Narrator=] below.
* SecretPolice: Natasha is Ex-KGB, it's not been revealed exactly what she did in the KGB, nor why she left. Presumably she was a low-level field agent, without much important knowledge, or else she wouldn't have been let go easily (unless she ran away).
* TitleDrop: Throughout the thing.
* UnreliableNarrator: None of the characters tell the ''exact'' truth.
* WebSerialNovel to be exact.