->''"I wanted to do things to Richard that would make the sun grow cold with horror."''
Frank Dominio, a mid-rank supervisor for the company New Product, comes up with what he believes to be a fantastic idea for a, uh, new product. But when he brings it up in one of his weekly meetings with his higher-ups [[CorruptCorporateExecutive The Seven]], they quickly set about arranging his demotion. Swearing revenge, Frank suddenly finds himself in the possession of horrific supernatural powers, and wastes no time in using them. After all, the newly-christened Domino's [[TitleDrop work is not yet done.]]
A novella from the twisted mind of ThomasLigotti, noted for being different from his other works by (mostly) diverging from the CosmicHorrorStory and focusing on a tale of supernatural revenge.
!!''My Work Is Not Yet Done'' features examples of:
* AffablyEvil: Richard.
* AndIMustScream: Frank does this to a few of his victims.
* AnimalMotifs: Swine.
* ArcWords: '''WORK NOT DONE''' and "All right, then!".
* AssholeVictim: The Seven, to varying degrees.
* BalefulPolymorph: [[spoiler:Barry is turned into a pig. Mary is turned into a mannequin, though she is soon smashed to pieces.]]
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Richard and the rest of the Seven.
* DangerouslyGenreSavvy: There are patches of darkness which Frank's super-senses can't penetrate, [[spoiler:and since Richard can see them too, he knows to hide in them.]]
* DisproportionateRetribution: Pretty much all of Frank's executions come off like this. [[spoiler:Except for Harry, who [[KickTheSonOfABitch totally deserved it]].]]
* DrivenToSuicide: Three of Richard's former underlings, which is how he earned the nickname of "The Doctor." [[spoiler:Frank realises this happened to him too, and he finishes the job in the end.]]
* DualWielding: Frank briefly considers doing this, noting that he is naturally ambidextrous.
* FatBastard: Barry.
* ImAHumanitarian: [[spoiler:The Human Garbage Can.]]
* KarmaHoudini: [[spoiler:Through sheer cunning and knowing about Frank's true nature, Richard survives.]]
* KarmicDeath: [[spoiler:It's hard to feel sorry for Harry.]]
* PaintItBlack: Invoked when Frank buys a new set of black clothing in preparation for his rampage.
* PetTheDog: Even after his transformation into Domino, Frank still looks out for his landlady Lilian.
* PointyHairedBoss: Barry is said to be great at management, but is actually infamous within the company for leaving the departments he manages in utter chaos due to his nonsensical project schedules.
* RealityWarper: It doesn't take long for Frank to realise that he's more than just a FlyingBrick.
* RoaringRampageOfRevenge: Deconstructed. [[spoiler:Frank was all set to start his rampage until he's planning the notes he'll leave behind...and realises that all he can really say is, "They were mean to me, so I killed them all." This spurred him to throw himself into the path of a bus.]]
* SceneryGorn: An interest of Frank's prior to beginning his rampage.
* ShoppingMontage: Darkly humourous one when Frank is buying the guns he's planning to use to take down the Seven.
* TheReveal: [[spoiler:Frank tried to kill himself. He's been a broken mess in a hospital bed the whole time.]]
* TheSociopath: Richard, pretty much by his own admittance. [[spoiler:It's part of why he's not afraid of Frank.]]
* SuperOCD: Much of Frank's motivation is derived from pure obsessiveness rather than anger.
* TalkingTheMonsterToDeath: This happens to [[spoiler:Frank at the hands of Richard.]]
* ThemeNaming: Aside from Richard, the Seven's names all end with a '-rry' sound.
* ThoseTwoGuys: The police officers.
* UltimateEvil: [[spoiler:The Great Black Swine, Frank's name for the intangible force of selfishness inside of everything.]]
* UncannyValley: In-universe, Sherry's defining characteristic. She's the youngest and most attractive of the Seven, but the moment she moves or talks she suddenly seems alien and inhuman.