->''"I wanted to do things to Richard that would make the sun grow cold with horror."''
Frank Dominio, a mid-rank supervisor for the company New Product, comes up with what he believes to be a fantastic idea for a, uh, new product. But when he brings it up in one of his weekly meetings with his higher-ups [[CorruptCorporateExecutive The Seven]], they quickly set about arranging his demotion. Swearing revenge, Frank suddenly finds himself in the possession of horrific supernatural powers, and wastes no time in using them. After all, the newly-christened Domino's [[TitleDrop work is not yet done.]]
A novella from the twisted mind of Creator/ThomasLigotti, published in 2002 and noted for being different from his other works by (mostly) diverging from the CosmicHorrorStory and focusing on a tale of supernatural revenge.
!!''My Work Is Not Yet Done'' features examples of:
* AffablyEvil: Richard.
* TheAlcoholic: Sherry.
* AndIMustScream: Frank does this to a few of his victims.
* AnimalMotifs: Swine.
* ArcWords: '''WORK NOT DONE''' and "All right, then!".
* AssholeVictim: The Seven, to varying degrees.
* TheBadGuyWins: [[spoiler: Richard manages to goad Frank into killing himself.]]
* BalefulPolymorph: [[spoiler:Barry is turned into a pig. Mary is turned into a mannequin, though she is soon smashed to pieces.]]
* BatterUp: Frank kept a baseball bat for "self-defence". He uses it to demolish his computer as Domino.
* TheBrute: Harry.
* BigBad: Richard, the most intelligent and dangerous of the Seven.
* BittersweetEnding:[[spoiler: Frank dies after getting OutGambitted by Richard. Richard suffers no consequences from Domino's RoaringRampageOfRevenge. But six of the Seven are dead including Harry, Frank is finally free from the Great Black Swine, and Frank's confession supposedly has irrefutable proof of his proposal for New Product as well as evidence of Richard's deeds, so there might be a small bright spot in all the bleakness]]
* CorruptCorporateExecutive: Richard and the rest of the Seven.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Pretty much all of Frank's executions come off like this. [[spoiler:Except for Harry, who [[KickTheSonOfABitch totally deserved it]].]]
* TheDragon: Harry is Richard's.
* DrivenToSuicide: Three of Richard's former underlings, which is how he earned the nickname of "The Doctor." [[spoiler:Frank realises this happened to him too, and he finishes the job in the end.]]
* DualWielding: Frank briefly considers doing this, noting that he is naturally ambidextrous.
* FatBastard: Barry.
* FateWorseThanDeath: Said almost word-for-word by Frank near the climax.
* FirstNameBasis: Richard. We never learn his last name, unlike all others from the Seven.
* FromNobodyToNightmare: Frank.
* HeWhoFightsMonsters: The Seven are terrible people to be sure, but Frank sinks pretty low when he goes on his rampage against them.
* ImAHumanitarian: [[spoiler:The Human Garbage Can.]]
* KarmaHoudini: [[spoiler:Through sheer cunning and knowing about Frank's true nature, Richard survives.]]
* KarmicDeath: [[spoiler:It's hard to feel sorry for Harry.]]
* KnifeNut: Frank liked his Buck Skinner Hunting Knife so much that it even followed him into his Domino state.
* LargeAndInCharge: Richard, a former sports star.
* LastNameBasis: Chipman, supervisor who fired Frank.
* MarriedToTheJob: Richard demands it from all the Seven.
* MeaningfulName: Sherry is also a kind of liquor.
* PaintItBlack: Invoked when Frank buys a new set of black clothing in preparation for his rampage.
* PetTheDog: Even after his transformation into Domino, Frank still looks out for his landlady Lilian.
* PointyHairedBoss: Barry is said to be great at management, but is actually infamous within the company for leaving the departments he manages in utter chaos due to his nonsensical project schedules.
* PosthumousNarration: [[spoiler: This is a "supernatural memoir" that Frank sent to some people with his RealityWarper powers moments before he kills himself.]]
* RapeIsASpecialKindOfEvil: Harry, the worst of the Seven, is a serial rapist.
* RealityWarper: It doesn't take long for Frank to realise that he's more than just a FlyingBrick.
* RoaringRampageOfRevenge: Deconstructed. [[spoiler:Frank was all set to start his rampage until he's planning the notes he'll leave behind...and realises that all he can really say is, "They were mean to me, so I killed them all." This spurred him to throw himself into the path of a bus.]]
* SceneryGorn: An interest of Frank's prior to beginning his rampage.
* ShoppingMontage: Darkly humourous one when Frank is buying the guns he's planning to use to take down the Seven.
* TheReveal: [[spoiler:Frank tried to kill himself. He's been a broken mess in a hospital bed the whole time.]]
* TheSociopath: Richard, pretty much by his own admittance. [[spoiler:It's part of why he's not afraid of Frank.]]
* TitleDrop: In one of Frank's internal monologues.
* SuperOCD: Much of Frank's motivation is derived from pure obsessiveness rather than anger.
* TalkingTheMonsterToDeath: This happens to [[spoiler:Frank at the hands of Richard.]]
* ThemeNaming: Aside from Richard, the Seven's names all end with a '-rry' sound.
* ThoseTwoGuys: The police officers.
** Delinquents who found a certain mannikin also qualify.
* UltimateEvil: [[spoiler:The Great Black Swine, Frank's name for the intangible force of selfishness inside of everything.]]
* UncannyValley: In-universe, Sherry's defining characteristic. She's the youngest and most attractive of the Seven, but the moment she moves or talks she suddenly seems alien and inhuman.
* TheUnreveal: We never learn the actual contents of Frank's proposal.