''I Want My Hat Back'' is a picture book by Jon Klassen.
Bear is looking for his hat, and goes to the creatures of the forest in turn asking whether they've seen it. This includes Rabbit, who [[SuspiciouslySpecificDenial definitely didn't take the hat and would never steal anyone's hat.]]
... Wait a second. Was that my hat...?
His later book ''Literature/ThisIsNotMyHat'' is unrelated.
!!My tropes are gone. I want them back.
* BearsAreBadNews: While very polite, the Bear is easily angered. Up to and including [[spoiler:killing whoever pissed him off.]]
* BigHeroicRun: The Bear running to where he knows the hat is.
* DisproportionateRetribution: [[spoiler:Rabbit stole Bear's hat. So Bear kills and eats him.]]
* DullSurprise: All of the animals have the same deadpan expression, including Bear [[spoiler:at least until he realizes who stole his hat]].
* EurekaMoment: [[spoiler:Bear realizes that Rabbit took his hat.]] The specific moment when the bear realised was when [[spoiler:he was asked what the hat looked like and he realised he had seen it while searching]].
--> "I have lost my hat and nobody has seen it."
--> "[[spoiler:What does your hat look like?]]"
--> "[[spoiler:It's red and pointy and... I HAVE SEEN MY HAT!]]"
* HairTriggerTemper: Lying and stealing hats really angers [[spoiler:the Bear]].
* HumbleGoal: The bear just wants his hat back.
* IronicEcho: At the every end [[spoiler: the Bear lies in the exact same style the Rabbit did]].
* LostAesop: [[http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/11-classic-childrens-books-with-titles-that-reflect-their-da#.lf5K77LG5B In a humorous list of "more appropriate titles" for children's books]], this one is retitled ''[[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin IF SOMEONE LIES TO YOU, MURDER THEM AND THEN LIE ABOUT MURDERING THEM.]]''
* MuggingTheMonster: A [[spoiler:rabbit]] steals from a bear.
--> Have you seen my hat?
--> No. Why are you asking me. I haven't seen it. I haven't seen any hats anywhere. I would not steal a hat. Don't ask me any more questions.
** [[spoiler:No. Why are you asking me. I haven't seen him. I haven't seen any rabbits anywhere. I would not eat a rabbit. Don't ask me any more questions.]]
* NiceHat: It is indeed a nice hat and Bear would do anything to get it back. [[spoiler: Including murder.]]
* OhCrap: [[spoiler:The rabbit's face as the bear approaches]].
* RascallyRabbit: That silly, lying, thiefing rabbit.
* SeriousBusiness: Hats.
* SpaceWhaleAesop: Don't steal, or else [[spoiler: whoever you stole from might kill and eat you]].
* SuddenlyShouting: The bear is nice and quiet until the EurekaMoment.
--> [[spoiler:"I HAVE SEEN MY HAT!"]]
* WhamLine: [[spoiler: "I HAVE SEEN MY HAT."]]
* YouExclamation: [[spoiler:"YOU! YOU STOLE MY HAT!"]]
[[spoiler:''I HAVE SEEN MY TROPES.'']]