''Hush, Hush'' is a ParanormalRomance by Becca Fitzpatrick. It tells the story of Nora Grey, [[OrdinaryHighSchoolStudent a perfectly normal high schooler]] who [[BrainyBrunette dreams of getting a scholarship to Harvard or Yale]] and is not interested in dating. All this is forgotten when [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys Patch]] enters the picture. As is to be expected, they end up in a relationship together. This is accompanied by various frightening events happening to Nora, including a person in a ski mask attacking her several times, someone peeking in her bedroom window, and someone ransacking her bedroom, and it looks like it's the work of Patch. Or is it?
The series currently consists of four books (''Hush, Hush'', ''Crescendo'', ''Silence'', and ''Finale''). There is also a graphic novel in the works.
!! Tropes present in the work:
* AdultsAreUseless: These books give ASeriesOfUnfortunateEvents a run for their money in this department.
* ArchnemesisDad: [[spoiler: Hank Millar]].
* AerithAndBob: Angel names range from Patch[[spoiler:/Jev]] to Rixon to [[spoiler:Dabria]].
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Nora and Patch
* AllWomenAreLustful: Nora bemoans how she can't keep control of herself whenever Patch is around. Vee complains about how she's still a virgin. And it's taken UpToEleven with Marcie Millar in ''Crescendo''.
* AlphaBitch: Marcie Millar.
* AuthorAvatar: The way Nora is described bears similarities to how Becca Fitzpatrick looks in terms of hair and body build.
* BastardBoyfriend: Patch.
* BetaCouple: Vee/Jules in ''Hush, Hush'', Vee/[[spoiler:Rixon]] in ''Crescendo'', and Vee/[[spoiler:Scott]] in ''Finale''.
* BlondeGuysAreEvil: [[spoiler: Hank Millar]].
* BrainyBrunette: Nora is a straight-A student who is shooting for a prestigious college.
* BrattyTeenageDaughter: Nora shows signs of this in ''Silence'' when [[spoiler: she realizes how much her mother has changed things in their household]].
* ChekhovsGun: [[spoiler: Patch's]] feather.
** Nora gets her turn in ''Crescendo''.
* ContrivedCoincidence: The entire sequence of events that gets Patch and Nora stuck in the motel room together, with no means of communication or way to get home.
* CursedWithAwesome: Being a fallen angel means that you don't feel pain, are insanely strong, and can mind control others. All fallen angels still hate what they are.
* [[DatingWhatDaddyHates Dating What Mommy Hates]]: Nora is well aware that her mother doesn't like or trust Patch.
* DisappearedDad: Nora's father was murdered shortly before the first book begins.
* DamselInDistress: [[spoiler: Nora has no less than three different parties who want her dead in the first book alone, and at least two others in the sequel. While she does avert being a NeutralFemale, she still relies on Patch more or less for all her rescuing.]]
* DoesNotLikeMen: Vee in ''Silence'', [[spoiler: due to what happened to Nora]].
* DoubleStandard: It's perfectly fine for Vee to gold dig by dating Jules, Patch to use a G-rated seduction on his [[spoiler: ex-girlfriend]] to get what he wants, and for Nora to all but have sex with Patch in a public restroom. Everyone decries Marcie Millar as a shallow, materialistic harlot though.
* TheDragon: [[spoiler: Marcie Millar, to Hank]].
* FemaleGaze: Nora often has trouble not staring at how ripped Patch is.
* FollowTheLeader: For ''Twilight''
* HappilyMarried: Nora's parents were this, before her father died.
* InformedAbility: For all we hear about how intelligent Nora is, she proves herself to be [[TooDumbToLive pretty dumb]] sometimes.
* ItWasHereISwear: "You are not safe."
* JigsawPuzzlePlot: The first and second books become this.
* KillItWithFire: Attempted by [[spoiler: Dabria]].
* LaserGuidedAmnesia: [[spoiler: Nora, in ''Silence''. Also Vee to a lesser extent.]]
* LukeIAmYourFather: [[spoiler: Hank Millar is the father of both Marcie and Nora. He's also a nephilim.]]
** Also [[spoiler: Patch.]]
** In Finale, [[spoiler:Nora is trained on how do this. It turns out to be her best skill as a Nephilim.]]
* MindRape: [[spoiler:Patch]] employs this on Chauncy, as well as Nora. [[spoiler:Jules]] also performs it on Nora.
* MoralMyopia: When Patch stalks Nora [[spoiler:with the intent to murder her,]] it's excusable, but when Dabria [[spoiler:attempts to murder her, it's an offense bad enough to tear her wings off.]]
* NearRapeExperience: Nora is physically threatened several times by [[spoiler:Patch]] and [[spoiler:Elliot]] in ways that read really similar to attempted rape.
* NotIfTheyEnjoyedItRationalization: Sexual assault happens to Nora with Patch, with this as the excuse.
* OneHeadTaller: Patch is six inches taller than Nora.
* ParentWithNewParamour: Nora's mom [[spoiler: with Hank Millar]].
** Patch walks around threatening, mindraping and torturing nephilim, but seeing as heís doing it for Nora, itís okay. It's treated as evil when someone else does it.
** Nora does a good few cruel things to Marcie for revenge purposes (for example, [[spoiler:breaking into her bedroom and stealing her diary and anything Patch gave her]]), but all of them are excused as being justified. The few KickTheDog moments Marcie gets are treated like she horrifically tortured Nora.
* ReallyGetsAround: Marcie Millar, according to rumors.
* RedHeadedHero: Nora's hair color fluctuates between red and brown.
* SadistTeacher: Coach.
* ShesGotLegs: Nora is described as having "bar stool legs".
* SmugSnake: Patch, occasionally.
* StalkerWithACrush: Patch.
* StarcrossedLovers: Nora and Patch.
** Vee fits this trope as she [[spoiler:goes to break into the school with Jules and Elliot, despite the fact that Elliot physically threatened Nora earlier in the novel.]] She also finds out that a mysterious stalker is frightening Nora so her brilliant plan is not to talk to an employee at the store they're in for help, but to disguise herself as Nora, lead the stalker off into a graveyard, have Nora follow after, and between them confront a potentially armed and dangerous person. This, unsurprisingly, leads to Vee being concussed and having her arm broken. And immediately after she gets out of the hospital, she decides that they ought to go poking around and spy on the guy who they think attacked her to begin with.
** Nora also proves herself to fit this trope. [[spoiler:A prime example would be when she is stranded in Portland and accepts a ride home from Patch, even though ''he chased her through a parking lot and scared her'' not so long ago. She then just stands there while he arranges for them to spend the night in a motel together, and apparently thinks she can hold off Patch (who has repeatedly proven to be stronger than her) if he tries anything.]] She later is point-blank ''told'' by Patch that he has planned to murder her and knows that he can influence her thoughts and feelings ''and still thinks it's a good idea to date him''!!!