[[caption-width-right:199:First edition cover]]
A horror novel by Creator/StephenKing. The setup is rather HighConcept -- during a bondage game proposed by husband Gerald, things go south. Gerald himself ends up dead, and protagonist Jessie Burlingame finds herself in a whole heap of trouble when she's still handcuffed to the bed.
[[IReadThatAs Definitely not to be confused with]] ''[[PixarShorts Geri's Game]]''.
!!But you said these tropes sounded like ''fun'':
* BetterThanSex: [[spoiler: When Jessie finally gets rid of the handcuffs, she feels ecstatic, and thinks that if sex was even half this good, people would be doing it on every street corner.]]
* BondageIsBad: Surprisingly averted; it's the ''motivation'' that can be bad, yes, but not the act itself. Of course, you probably won't want to run off and play with some handcuffs right after reading this.
* DaddysGirl: Jessie was like this... [[spoiler:until her father sexually molested her.]]
* [[spoiler:ParentalIncest]]: And not just confined to backstory either. No, King tackles this ugliness head on.
* LifeOrLimbDecision: Not exactly, but close enough. Jessie [[spoiler:eventually breaks a glass and effectively scalps her hand, so blood would serve as a lubricant and allow her to pull her hand through the cuff.]]
* [[spoiler:LooksLikeOrlok: The creepy stranger, mostly.]]
* NauseaFuel: [[spoiler: How Jessie escapes from the cuffs.]]
* SignatureStyle: Stream-of-consciousness writing? Italicized, parenthetical snatches of phrases representing the main character's little brainfarts? Multiple contexts for the same phrase, all of them disturbing? Must be a Creator/StephenKing book.