ABOUT THE FOREVER GATE:
3740 A.D. The ice age has immobilized the world. Colossal walls seal off the cities from the uninhabitable Outside. Humanlike entities called "gols" run society, and force the humans to wear collars that block the innate powers mankind has evolved.
One man rises up...
'''''Forever Gate''''' was written by Isaac Hooke and is the first part in a five part novel. They are named 'Forever Gate 1' 'Forever Gate 2' and so on. The complete series was released in April 2013.
!!THE TROPES OF THE FOREVER GATE
** The plot opens with one; Hoodwink's plan to save his daughter begins with convincing the judge and the crowd that he is the 'evil user' that committed the crime instead of her.
** Later on Seven insists that Hoodwink is the victim of one: [[spoiler: The Users tell him to cross the Forever Gate by climbing the wall. Seven tells Hoodwink that they were expecting him to fall or freeze to death because that is only way to cross the ''true'' Forever Gate.]]
* DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu: Invoked. When Hoodwink sees the GrimReaper approaching, his first thought is "lighning blast!"
* EvilPlan: Someone is doing something to the gols that is causing them to dengenerate. Since the gols run everything, this puts the integrity of the entire human civilization at risk. It's the reason Hoodwink's daughter gets involved with the Users and thus the reason Hoodwink started this plot.
* HerosMuse: Ari, his daughter, is the inspiration for all of Hoodwink's actions.
* InMediasRes: The book begins with Hoodwink awaiting execution. The reader finds out why he's there while he's on the run.
* MyGreatestFailure: Hoodwink never forgave himself for allowing a rich guy to brainwash his daughter into the ideal HouseWife. It led him to drinking and drove away his wife. Now he throws himself into harm way's way whenever Ari's in danger to make up for it.
* MyGreatestSecondChance: Guilt ridden by allowing his daughter to be revised(i.e. brainwashed) Hoodwink takes the heat for a bombing to make up for it.
* NecessaryEvil: This is Leader's opinion of the gols in a nutshell: we hate them but we need them.
** 'Hoodwink' is a nickname he earned as a teenage thief.
** 'Leader' is the name of TheLeader of the Users. His real name is never given.
* PapaWolf: The reason Hoodwink does anything is to keep his daughter out of harm's way.
* PowerNullifier: Bronze collars that suppress the humans' lightning powers. [[spoiler: They also prevent premature aging caused by such powers.]]
* ShockAndAwe: All humans develop lightning powers and gols put a PowerNullifier on them because of them.
* YourTerroristsAreOurFreedomFighters: The Users are known as terrorists becuase they advocate a collar-free society. Their leader is proud of the fact that they've never killed a single human in their activities.
* WhatMeasureIsANonHuman: Hoodwink and the Users think little of Gols because they're artifical humans programed to do one thing and one thing only. They can't have more than a superficial conversation or they'll default to WelcomeToCorneria.