''Daddy's Roommate'' is a children's book written and illustrated by Micheal Willhoite in 1991. It was one of the first children's books to portray being gay in a positive light by featuring the main character, the son, going with his now divorced dad and his dad's ''roommate'' to events and having fun. It was the second most challenged book between 1990 and 1999.
* AmicableExes: The mother and Father seem to be on good terms.
* GayAesop: The purpose of the book is to show two gay men raising a child.
* LastHetRomance: The father was married to the mother until his divorce.
* PornStache: The dad's partner really does have one.
* QueerRomance: Very subtle.