Damen is a warrior hero to his people, and the rightful heir to the throne of Akielos, but when his half brother seizes power, Damen is captured, stripped of his identity, and sent to serve the prince of an enemy nation as a pleasure slave.
Beautiful, manipulative and deadly, his new master Prince Laurent epitomizes the worst of the court at Vere. But in the lethal political web of the Veretian court, nothing is as it seems, and when Damen finds himself caught up in a play for the throne, he must work together with Laurent to survive and save his country.
For Damen, there is just one rule: never, ever reveal his true identity. Because the one man Damen needs is the one man who has more reason to hate him than anyone else . . .
Written initially as a free online serial on livejournal by C.S. Pacat[[note]]Know previously as Freece or S.U. Pacat[[/note]], the first two books of Captive Prince is now officially published.
!!''Captive Prince'' contains examples of:
* BadassGay: In a setting with tons of sword fights and intrigue, and where most characters are gay by some degree or another, you get lots of this.
* CastFullOfPrettyBoys: For a plot line where succession, the royal family, and bloodlines are important, no one seems to have mothers.
* ConsummateLiar: Laurent and [[spoiler: the Regent, from whom Laurent apparently learned from.]]
* DeadlyDecadentCourt: Vere, as pretty much stated in the summary.
* DeadpanSnarker: Laurent. Though most named characters seems to have their moments.
* ForbiddenRomance: Damen and Laurent are the crown princes of two kingdoms who loathe each other, and more personally, Damen killed Laurent’s beloved brother.
** And Laurent knew of, and took glee in, the arranged murder of Damen's father and his entire household. Mostly because of the aforementioned [[CycleOfRevenge brother-killing.]]
* GoodCannotComprehendEvil: Why Damen was so blindsided by Kastor and Jokaste’s betrayal, why it took him so long to realize who Nicaise belonged to, why he still hasn’t figured out the relationship between the Regent and Laurent.
** ''Auguste was like you…He had no instinct for deception; it meant he couldn’t recognize it in other people.''
* HappinessInSlavery: Erasmus, Type 3, who was apparently chosen to be a slave because of his submissive tendencies.
* IceQueen: Laurent is a rare male example, and has been described as a “iron-cast bitch.” Twice.
* ManipulativeBastard: [[spoiler: The Regent.]]
* PrettyBoy: Everyone and their cousins appreciates Laurent's pretty boy looks, with varying degrees of vulgarity. Damen refuse let the readers forget how blonde Laurent is, and how nice his facial and body structure is, and how fine his skin is, and etc., long before he even ''starts'' to warm up to Laurent.
** It is, however, not until he somewhat likes Laurent that he really acknowledges his beauty. Before that, he just describes it in a vaguely detached sort of way.
* SexSlave: Damen. He’s doing his best to correct this. Also the many sex slaves in or from Akielos: Erasmus, to name one.
* SpoiledBrat: What Laurent appears to be.
* YouKilledMyFather: You killed my brother.