''Bras and Broomsticks'' is a teenage novel by Sarah Mlynowski, revolving around the life of Rachel Weinstein and her younger sister Miri who is a witch. [[spoiler: Rachel becomes a witch at the end of the second book.]]
The sequel, ''Frogs and French Kisses'', is about a love spell Rachel put on her crush's brother, and the third book, ''Spells and Sleeping Bags'', is about Rachel at summer camp dealing with a malelovent witch. The fourth book, ''Parties and Potions'', is about Rachel discovering the secret world of witches.
* AlphaBitch: Liana
* CuteWitch: Miri [[spoiler: and eventually Rachel]].
* EquivalentExchange: If someone uses magic to get something, that thing will be taken from wherever it comes from. For example, the main character's sister makes oranges to give to the homeless, but there is an orange shortage in stores in the area.
* MuggleAndMagicalLoveTriangle: In the fourth book, Rachel has one between her human boyfriend Raf and a witch boy.
* NonPOVProtagonist: The first book is mostly about Miri getting her powers, but is in the point of view of Rachel.
* PubertySuperpower: Magic abilities seem to be this. Miri gets powers before Rachel and is said to also have been an early bloomer in terms of puberty.
* RiteOfPassage: The Samsorta.
* SingleGirlSeeksMostPopularGuy: Rachel and Raf.
* UtilityMagic: There are spells for almost anything, from transportation to changing the color of a dress.
* VainSorceress: Rachel's mother becomes this for some time.
* WitchSpecies: Being a witch is portrayed as a cross between genetic abilities and being an ethnicity.