->''"Before you were formed I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart"''
This page focuses on the second two books after Isaiah in the five books of the Major Prophets - ''Jeremiah'' and ''Lamentations'':
''Jeremiah'' - God appoints Jeremiah to warn the people of the fall of Jerusalem if they don't turn away from sin. Unfortunately, things went downhill after their disbelief.
''Lamentations'' - Jeremiah writes a song of mourning and sorrow over the destruction of Jerusalem.
''Baruch'' - A Deutercanonical SpinOff attributed to Jeremiah's secretary.
* TheCassandra: Jeremiah. Unfortunately, things went downhill as God destroys Jerusalem.
* TheChosenOne: Jeremiah was chosen by God who already knew him before the day he was born.
* GodOfEvil: Many passages involve God promising to bring "evil" upon the nation as a form of judgment for their sins.
* GodOfGood: As Jeremiah 31 puts it, God may be angry with His people's sins, but He doesn't take any pleasure in punishing them since He still loves them.
* HeroicBSOD: Jeremiah in "Lamentations".
* IAmAHumanitarian: Lamentations has accounts of women [[OffingTheOffspring eating their children]] [[NoPartyLikeADonnerParty after the fall of Jerusalem]].
* JustAKid: Jeremiah. God thought otherwise, however.
* KnowWhenToFoldEm: Advised submission to the Babylonians. For this, he was considered TheQuisling.
* OutDamnedSpot: Versed as God's condemnation of Israel's behavior, in Jeremiah 2:22:
-->"For though you wash yourself with lye, and use much soap, Yet your iniquity is marked before Me."
* PayEvilUntoEvil: God implies this in Jeremiah 49:12 (New Living Translation):
-->''"And this is what the LORD says: 'If the innocent must suffer, how much more must you! You will not go unpunished! You must drink this cup of judgment!'"''
* PunishedForSympathy: As found in Jeremiah 48:10, God [[BerserkButton will not take kindly]] if the Chaldeans don't carry out His vengeance on the land of Moab. ("...cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.")
* UnaccustomedAsIAmToPublicSpeaking: Jeremiah, at first.
* WasTooHardOnHim: Some scriptures such as Jeremiah 8:21 shows us that God does not take any pleasure in punishing sinners:
-->''"For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me."''
* YouCantGoHomeAgain: Jeremiah fled to Egypt and probably died there.