->''Back when I was a little squirt I tended to choose video games based on the box art rather than any reviews I might get ahold of. For me it was a tossup between ''VideoGame/JurassicParkTrespasser'' and ''VideoGame/HalfLife1''. One had a nerd with a goatee on a nasty orange background while the other had a badass velociraptor in 3D! You can't tell from the pictures but the Trespasser raptor head on the box is textured and sticking out a bit. I thought it was darn cool so I went with that.''
Research Indicates is a [[LetsPlay Let's Player]] from the Website/SomethingAwful forums. He's best known for his ''VideoGame/JurassicParkTrespasser'' LP, which can be found archived [[http://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/ here]]. The original forum thread is also available to non-registered users [[http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2818186&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 here]] and goes into far more detail. His informative commentary stands out from other Let's Plays as he tells you everything there is to know about the game, giving more of a documentary feel to it.
!!Tropes about Research Indicates and his Let's Plays include:
* DeadpanSnarker: He has this in spades.
* EvenTheGuysWantHim: Going by a number of comments from the goons on his ''Trespasser'' thread at Something Awful.
* PrecisionFStrike: His calm, unflappable, good old boy demeanor occasionally gives way in the face of an occasional surpri- '''"SHITFIRE!"'''
* SouthernGentleman: His manner of speaking really reflects this, along with his Texan accent.
* [[YoungerThanTheyLook Younger Than They Sound]]: Listen to his deep, rich voice. Would you believe he's not even thirty?