Examples of LastNameBasis in WebOriginal.
* Depending on who's talking to who, ''OpenBlue'' falls in between LastNameBasis and address by rank for military characters, FirstNameBasis for civilians and/or pirates, or some mix of such. Even the addressing in narration differs between [=RPers=].
* Averted in the 7th Son podcast novel trilogy, as 7 of the main heroes AND the Big Bad all have the same last name. Played straight though with the supporting heroes, who are almost always referred to as Hill and Kleinman; their last names.
* Most of the terrorists in ''SurvivalOfTheFittest'' are only ever referred to by their surnames. (Danya, [=McLocke=], Kaige, Rice, Grossi, Garnett, Konrad, Chevalier, Hurst, Richards, Baines) [[TheWoobie Dorian]] is the sole exception.
** Among the students, we have Anna Chase of v4, who prefers to have people use her last name when referring to her. Liam "Brook" Brooks (also v4) is a minor variation, but probably still fits. Occasionally other students get this treatment as well (sometimes [[AxCrazy J.R. Rizzolo]] is referred to by his last name or "Riz", for example).
* Most characters in ''Machinima/RedVsBlue'' save [[HisNameReallyIsBarkeep Sarge]], Doc (real name Frank [=DuFresne=]), [[EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep Grif's sister]] (although she's never referred to by her first name [[AllThereInTheManual Kaikaina]] either), [[OnlyOneName Lopez]], [[CodeName the Freelancers]], and any tertiary characters, due to the characters being in the military. Church didn't even ''know'' Tucker's first name when he asked him partway through the series, despite working with him for months. The cast's full names are Leonard L. Church, Michael J. Caboose, Lavernius Tucker, Richard Simmons, Franklin Delano Donut, and Dexter Grif.
* In ''WebVideo/TheAutobiographyOfJaneEyre'', Mr Rochester calls Jane, who is his employee and live-in tutor for his daughter Adele, just Jane in their second episode. He likes her, and cannot be bothered with "Ms Eyre". She however calls her boss Mr Rochester.
* ''WebVideo/TheLizzieBennetDiaries'': Darcy is just Darcy for everybody. Everybody calls him that but his sister Gigi. She calls him William.
* ''AudioPlay/BelowBoard'', being a PoliceProcedural, does this with almost all of its characters. The exception would be Chet Holloway, who goes by his first name throughout.
* Perry and [=LaFontaine=] in ''WebVideo/CarmillaTheSeries''. In [=LaFontaine's=] case it's because they're non-binary and prefer to dissociate from their feminine first name, Susan.
* In the Amazon series ''Betas'', the first name of Randall Hobbes isn't revealed until the final episode, prompting surprise in two other characters.