Whatever one may say about the applicability of the MyersBriggs indicator in RealLife, it is a valuable tool for stories. So what are some examples of characters that fit these profiles? Remember, since most of these characters are not canonically classified as one of these types, these are highly unofficial and subjective. This list is really made of the best guesses of lots of fans.
Myers-Briggs types consist of four letters that represent different 'sides,' if you will. The different letters are:
* E or I for Extroverted or Introverted (whether a person thrives on human contact or private time);
* S or N for Sensing or Intuition (tendency to focus on immediate factual information vs. forming patterns and impressions);
* F or T for Feeling or Thinking (subjectivity vs. objectivity, or decisions based on feelings vs. facts);
* J or P for Judging or Perceiving ("orientation to the outer world," or a lifestyle that is structured and decided vs. one that is flexible and adaptable).
There is room for a ''ton'' of personality variation even within a single type -- Myers-Briggs doesn't account for the experiences that shape a person's values and attitude. So if two characters appear in the same type who are completely different, maybe it just means they've had different lives, but have more in common than you think!
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfGuardianPersonalitiesInStories Guardians]] ('''_S_J''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfArtisanPersonalitiesInStories Artisans]] ('''_S_P''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfIdealistPersonalitiesInStories Idealists]] ('''_NF_''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfRationalPersonalitiesInStories Rationals]] ('''_NT_''')