Whatever one may say about the applicability of the UsefulNotes/MyersBriggs indicator in RealLife, it is a valuable tool for stories, just like the FourTemperamentEnsemble and similarly the FourPhilosophyEnsemble. So what are some examples of characters that fit these profiles? Remember, since most of these characters are not canonically classified as one of these types, these are highly unofficial and subjective. This list is really made of the best guesses of lots of fans.
Myers-Briggs types consist of four letters that represent different 'sides,' if you will. The different letters are:
* I or E for Introvert or Extrovert (whether a person thrives better on private, quiet time vs. plentiful human interaction);
* S or N for Sensing or Intuition (tendency to focus on immediate factual information vs. forming patterns and impressions);
* T or F for Thinking or Feeling (objectivity vs. subjectivity, or decisions based on facts vs. feelings);
* J or P for Judging or Perceiving ("orientation to the outer world," or a lifestyle that is structured and decided vs. one that is flexible and adaptable).
There is room for a ''ton'' of personality variation even within a single type -- Myers-Briggs doesn't account for the experiences that shape a person's values and attitude. So if two characters appear in the same type who are completely different, maybe it just means they've had different lives, but have more in common than you think!
All entries must now have context. See HowToWriteAnExample if you are unclear on what this means.
This list is subjective and your mileage may vary. If you have questions or concerns about an example, please discuss it in the discussion pages or at http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=14140416270A36898800. Characters may have entries in more than one category as long as appropriate context is provided for each.
Do not move or remove examples except for factual inaccuracy or misuse. Characters can be in multiple folders. If you have adequate context to put a character in a certain folder, just do it; do not move an existing example of the same character somewhere else.
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfGuardianPersonalitiesInStories Guardians]] ('''[[superscript:_]]S[[superscript:_]]J''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfArtisanPersonalitiesInStories Artisans]] ('''[[superscript:_]]S[[superscript:_]]P''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfRationalPersonalitiesInStories Rationals]] ('''[[superscript:_]]NT[[superscript:_]]''')
* [[MyersBriggs/ExamplesOfIdealistPersonalitiesInStories Idealists]] ('''[[superscript:_]]NF[[superscript:_]]''')