* The ending to the first game, [[spoiler: as the stork carries the Baby Mario Bros. to their home and the part where their parents are holding them with the text saying "Heroes are born!!", which ends with a nice little remix of the Stage Clear fanfare from the original Super Mario Bros. It's sweet since it's not really an ending but rather a beginning to the story of the Super Mario Bros.]]
** [[spoiler: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9JhZfUAXjk&feature=player_detailpage#t=164s "Our Heroes Are Born",]]]] [[TearJerker period.]]
** Especially thanks to the surprisingly beautiful music when [[spoiler: the stork is carrying the babies home through the night sky.]]
*** [[spoiler: However, this becomes HarsherInHindsight when the upcoming "Yoshi's New Island" reveals that the parents at the end? They were the wrong parents.]]
* It's kinda twisted, but really, the fact that Kamek cared enough about his future boss to try and rewrite the future says a lot about his loyalty.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8PCuLQ-v0 The Ending Credits]].
* [[spoiler:Baby Yoshi hatching from his egg]] at the end of ''Yoshi's Island DS''.
* Baby Bowser joining the group for a few levels in ''DS''. Remember at the end of the original game he wasn't evil (yet), he was just a noisy brat who was demanding a ride on Yoshi. Now he finally gets his wish.
* A message box in World 3-2 of the original game reads, "We, the Mario team poured our hearts and souls into creating this game for your entertainment. It is full of secrets. Enjoy!"