* During the May 2003 College Week, a contestant named Sarah said that her mom and dad met on a trip that her mom purchased during her ''Wheel'' appearance in 1977, adding that she literally would not have existed if not for ''Wheel''.
* Michelle Loewenstein crying tears of joy with her husband after she won the $1,000,000.
* On an episode of Military Spouses Week (February 2012), Pat and Vanna surprise contestant Maryanne by reuniting her with her husband upon his return from Afghanistan.
* December 28, 1981: Pat Sajak opens his first show with a [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ruUWiaoCVU&feature=related classy tribute to Chuck Woolery]].
* In some of the closing segments, Pat and/or Vanna do "Wheel Changes Lives", a special segment where they show how a prior contestant has used their winning for good (donating to charity, for instance). Many of the "Wheel Changes Lives" segments can fall right into this trope.
* July 1997 (Australia): [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deqPpiA35eo Adriana Xenides returns to the puzzleboard after an eight month absence due to illness.]]
* [[http://ricochet.com/main-feed/A-Tribute-to-Wheel-s-Contestants This essay]] written by Pat in November 2013 on how much he's enjoyed hosting the show and changing people's lives with it.