* The ending of "Edgar Allan Poen":
-->"So who I had found in my library when the friendship is new? A happy dragon, that's who!"
* At the end of the first season, despite the Grand Galloping Gala having GoneHorriblyWrong, the Mane Six, Spike and Celestia still found solace in their friendship and start singing together.
* Despite [[MistakenForDying him being okay]] it was nice seeing Twilight concerned for Spike when she thought he was gonna die in "How to Control Freaks"
* At the beginning of "Purple Party Pooper", Twilight is genuinely happy that her friends are going to visit her on her birthday. [[SubvertedTrope Of course, they don't make it.]]
* They Mane Six ''all came'' to Spike's birthday.
* Rainbow Dash saying she likes talking to Scootaloo, even if she can't understand her in this universe.
* Despite Rainbow Dash being TheFriendNobodyLikes, Twilight still came to visit Rainbow, while she was in the hospital.
* Applejack trying to dissuade Applebloom from trying to earn Granny Smith's affection, so she doesn't have to endure any more disappointment.
** Pretty much anytime Applejack shows that she loves Applebloom.
* Soarin' accepting both Rainbow Dash and Fleetfoot as his daughters. This is probably the only time Rainbow has had a father figure, who actually likes her.
* Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, actually treating each other like friends (Well, as much as they are capable of.) in Hell Cheeses Over.