* In the first season, then-Senator David Palmer angrily confronts Jack Bauer who he's been wrongly led to believe has been trying to kill him. Jack furiously explains that both he and his family have nearly died because Jack has been working to '''save''' him. The look of shock, embarassment, and understanding on Palmer's face are priceless as he realizes that Bauer is a patriot who has saved him and his family. It is the start of a friendship that would be central to the show for the next several seasons.
* David Palmer resists the temptations of one his staffers and proves (somewhat sadly) that no real President will ever have that kind of character.
* Watching the Bauer family reunited (if only for a moment), the relief they on Jack, Terri and Kim's faces every time the hugged was worth the wait.
* When Teri finally tells Jack [[spoiler: she's pregnant again]], Jack looks like he could jump over the moon with joy.
* George Mason's speech to Michelle in Season 2.
-->'''Mason:''' Believe it or not, I used to want to be a teacher. A long time ago. You know why I didn't? Because [=DoD=] offered me more money. That's how I made my decision. So I made myself miserable, and I made everybody around me miserable. For an extra five thousand dollars a year. That was my price. ...You know, Michelle, I'm not a big advice giver, but under the circumstances, don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy. Do it. Because everything else is just background noise.
* In Season Seven, Jack's WorldOfCardboardSpeech to the imam as he lays dying in the FBI headquarters hospital.
* Day 7: 10:00pm-11:00pm introduces us to Port Authority supervisor Carl Gadsen, a NiceGuy who's wife is about to have a baby. Turns out he was promised some cash for looking away the one time he shouldn't. Jack and Tony capture him and explain the situation. He feels terrible, and though frightened offers to help with Jack's promise that he won't let him get hurt. Turns out the only way Jack and Tony's newest scheme to catch Stokes men will work is if they ''let'' him get killed to maintain their cover. Just when it looks like Cooper is going to kill him, Cooper's shot by Jack, who couldn't abandon the poor man.
--> '''Carl''': [[FunnyMoments Thank you!]]
* The entirety of the season 7 finale.
* The end of Season 7, in the White House, when an exhausted Allison Taylor allows herself a moment of weakness, confessing to her former Chief of Staff (and close friend) Ethan Kanin, "I've lost everyone." Ethan says simply, "Not everyone," and she correctly concludes that he is un-resigning. The look of dawning hope on her face is simply magnificent.
* George Mason patching things up with his estranged son, John.
* Mason's speech to Jack that convinces him to drop his DeathSeeker attitude and find a reason for living again as well as Jack's reunion with Kim at the end of Day 2.
* Jack's goodbye to David Palmer at the end of Day 4 (which also makes it a bit of a TearJerker when you remember it's the last time they'll ever communicate on the show)
* In Season 6, Martha Logan gets Aaron Pierce to smile.
* Within the first five minutes of Season 8, we see a relatively relaxed Jack awaken from a nap and play around with his granddaughter. Cuteness exemplified.
* Jack's last two calls at the end of Day 8.
** The last conversation between Chloe and Jack. Chloe's (very likely real) expressions sell the entire scene.
-->'''Jack:''' [[spoiler: When you first came to CTU...I never thought it was gonna be you that was gonna cover my back all those years; and I know that everything that you did today was to try and protect me, I know that. Thank you.]]
* Jack and Kim's last conversation, where Kim actually tells him to ignore his RefusalOfTheCall stance because she understands that if he can somehow make a difference helping to protect Hassan it's worth it.
* A brief moment early in season 3, after Kim finds out that Jack has caused a prison riot and that she unintentionally helped. Adam gets frustrated with her not working quick enough, until Michelle informs him of what Jack's done, to which Adam immediately calms down. Then when he sees Kim staring off into space, he quietly asks if she's OK, which helps her focus again.
* In Live Another Day, Jack breaks his four-year-long cover and deliberately gets himself arrested by the CIA, all so he could break Chloe out of the same building.
* In ''Live Another Day'', we learn that Jack's reason for coming out of hiding is to prevent the assassination of President Heller. Because Audrey was kidnapped and tortured by the Chinese in earlier seasons due to her connection to Jack, Jack feels honor-bound to prevent the Hellers from suffering any more.
* Jack's quickness to hug Chloe when she reveals to him that [[spoiler: Morris and Prescott were killed in a car crash meant for her]].
* Every second of [[spoiler: James Heller's final hour. Or so it seemed]]
** And following it, [[spoiler:the Prime Minister tells Audrey how great a man her father was, and England will never forget him.]]
* Jack attempting to give Kate advice when she reveals [[spoiler: that her husband killed himself in prison after she stopped believing his innocence. He basically warns her away from the cycle of revenge, noting (implicitly) that his attempts to get back at Renee's murderers in Season 8 helped to ruin his life]].