[[folder: Literature/Song Of The Lioness ]]
* The LoveTriangle between Alanna, Jon, and George becomes increasingly complex... but there are no petty rivalries, no distracting arguments during crises, people communicate clearly, every participant is a mature adult who respects and sometimes is friends with every other participant. There are ''moments'' of petty immaturity, but they are far from the norm and don't go without someone [[WhatTheHellHero calling them out]].
[[folder: Literature/The Immortals ]]
[[folder: Literature/Protector Of The Small ]]
* ''Squire'': Peachblossom taking great offense to Greystreak the centaur's attempt to buy Kel. Especially if you've ever had an intelligent, argumentative, prickly horse decide to adopt you as his or her particular person.
* After all their years of clashing, Keladry tells Wyldon that he's the kind of knight ''she'' wants to be. He tells her simply:
--> "I am not," he said. "But that you believe it is the greatest compliment I will ever receive."
** A book later, when she returns from Scanra having disobeyed a direct order and gone to rescue her people, she tells him to go ahead and yell at her; she deserves worse. His response? A [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming gentle kiss to her forehead]] and these words:
--> "You are a true knight, Keladry of Mindelan. I am honoured to know you."
* In ''Lady Knight'', when everyone (and we do mean just about everyone) showing up to help Kel rescue the refugee children from Blayce, even on penalty of a traitor's execution.
[[folder: Literature/Daughter Of The Lioness ]]
[[folder: Literature/Provosts Dog ]]
* Beka is unable to honor the dead properly due to the urgency of her quest, even though she can't bear leaving them for scavengers. [[spoiler: So the Black God shows up and does it for her, calling her his most faithful priestess.]] In a world where JerkassGods are the norm, there's something sweet about a genuinely nice god who cares about humans.
** Also from the same book, after Beka has spend a ''long'' time moping about [[spoiler: her dead fiancÚ, who she secretly no longer loved and also blames herself for the death of, Farmer proposes to her.]]