* Komatsu helping Melk [[spoiler:the Second]]'s [[YouAreBetterThanYouThinkYouAre self-confidence issues]], cooking up many different kinds of delicious and amazing meals whose ingredients could only be prepared using Melk's own knives, followed shortly by TearsOfJoy.
** For that matter, Melk's affection for [[spoiler:his adopted daughter--and hers for him--is just adorable. A scary, scarred-up mountain of a man wearing a huge dopey grin while playing with a tiny, happy, giggling baby? D'awww!]]
* Komatsu's hug with the Wall Penguin chick, after [[spoiler:he completes the Century Soup]]. Especially after [[spoiler:Tommyrod had killed the chick's parents earlier in the arc for no reason]].
** Episode 79 has the little penguin (named Yun by the end of the episode) risk his life going into a dangerous forest to find the last ingredient for the Chitose Ame that Komatsu was helping to make. He does find it, and Komatsu thanks him by modifying Yun's share to look like him. The last shot of the episode is with them hugging.
* Terry's mother, having [[spoiler: taken a mortal wound, could have used her last bit of strength to rip apart her killer like wet tissue paper in the blink of an eye. Instead she chooses to go over to her child and spend her last moments grooming Terry as long as possible.]]
* Toriko's entire relationship with [[CoolPet Terry Cloth]] counts. [[spoiler: Toriko's YouAreNotAlone speech to the orphaned Terry for one. And when they get the BB Corn, Toriko can be seen holding back a few tears at Terry's joy.]]
* A minor one perhaps, but personally I like Komatsu standing up for customers when his old friend calls them stupid.
* In a belated Christmas chapter, Toriko and Co help Mansam deliver food supplies to orphans and homeless children in cities all over the Human World. Toriko even gets called "Santa-san".
** We also find out that Toriko and the Heavenly Kings came from poor and impoverished countries as well before Ichiryuu and Mansam found them, and essentially adopted them.
* The mangaka himself earns one for using so many beasts thought up by his readers in his series. [[spoiler:Even the Four Beasts, which have been revealed to be more or less the final bosses of the human world, i.e. actually quite important characters, stem from reader suggestions.]] Here's a man who really cares about his fanbase and allows them to influence his own creative work.
* Match and Toriko get one during the Ice Hell arc, when the former offers his own rider suit to Toriko, even though the lack of it would really hurt him -- and then despite the threat to his life posed by Tommyrod, Toriko stops everything to sincerely thank Match and his fallen allies. The gentle, grateful expression on his face says it all. [[YouHaveFailedMe In comparison, Tommyrod flips out once he realizes his flunkies had lost, and was going to kill them with his bugs]]. [[BerserkButton Toriko did not like this]].
* Komatsu takes all of the ten minute time limit he was given preparing the Medicinal Mochi, but managed to perfect it in only five. What did he use those last five minutes to do? [[spoiler: Making sure it tastes good so that people wouldn't have to eat something that tastes bad.]]
* In chapter 224, Komatsu wonders [[spoiler: why the Bishokukai would fight so hard to kidnap chefs, and why Coco and the others would risk their own lives to protect them.]] Coco responds with a speech that is made of this trope.
-->'''Coco:''' The cooking [you chefs] put so much earnest diligence into making fills the stomachs of people all over the world... you wipe away the tears of crying children... you console... you brighten the future. Because you give people hope and a warmth like that of the sun... [[spoiler: That is why we fight. We will never hand that "hope" over to the Bishokukai!]]
* In chapter 230, Tengu comforts a dying Elg (his opponent who he had just been fighting), telling him he looks perfectly fine with a melted face. Elg says it's the first time anyone hasn't been repulsed by his appearance.
* The scenes in the past with Acacia, Frohze, Ichiryu, Jirou, and Midora together as a happy family. Particularly since this was the first time Midora ever felt full, in the gastronomical and emotional sense since he grew up starved in every way. It's also a Tearjerker since this happy flashback is occurring during a bloody fight to the death between Ichiryu and Midora, so it's already a ForegoneConclusion that something awful tore this family apart.
* In chapter 257, Midora [[spoiler:stops the Blue Nitro from eating Ichiryu's body. He then resolves to lay Ichiryu to rest in a place he loved.]] Despite everything, Midora still loved his big brother.
** Also in chapter 257, Chief Mansam's compatible ingredient(alcohol) is used to revive him(by pouring everything they had into a barrel and dumping it on his body, much like how he healed himself when pierced by a GT Robo's laser so long ago. He immediately declares the usage of the entirety of the IGO's foodstuffs in storage to be distributed to the remaining 20% of the human population, and says "We, the IGO, must protect the people's food at any cost!" - this makes Bureau Chief Ray go "Chief Mansam...", resulting in that iconic catchphrase from the drunkard... to which Ray can only smile and interrupt him. [[spoiler:"Yes... I called you... handsome..."]]