For a series which regularly makes a point of demonstrating the cynical end of the [[SlidingScaleofIdealismVersusCynicism scale]], ''Torchwood'' comes with a fair few moments of heartwarming.
For ''[[Heartwarming/TorchwoodMiracleDay Miracle Day]]'' moments, see that page.\\
For ''[[Heartwarming/TorchwoodTheLostFiles The Lost Files]]'' moments, see that page.\\
For ''[[Heartwarming/TorchwoodChildrenOfEarth Children of Earth]]'' moments, see that page
* The team's reunion in "End of Days". Tosh runs headlong into Jack's arms, Ianto's adorably awkward attempt at a handshake before burying his head in Jack's shoulder and showing no qualms about Jack kissing him in front of the team, and Owen just burying his head in Jack's chest.
* Owen and Maggie on the roof, watching the light show from the alien device.
** Not just a life affirming moment for two characters who thought they had nothing to live for, but remember that this is ''Torchwood'': usually the aliens are out to kill us, take over, use us, and on the other hand are generally treated like crap by the humans they encounter. And here we have a reply to the ''Voyager Space Probe'' itself. We're not sure exactly what it means but the implication sure as hell doesn't suggest ''invasion''.
*** A few minutes earlier in the same episode. Owen quietly admitting that he's afraid to close his eyes in case he gets trapped, back in the darkness after death. Tosh tells him the only thing someone really can in that situation: [[YouAreNotAlone "I'm here."]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZyNzuJ1Tk Jack and the team's heart to heart]] in ''Adam''. Just about everyone is tugging the heartstrings.
* Eugene coming back for just long enough to save Gwen and her absolute delight that he's there, just before her dismay that he's still going to die.
* ''Adam'' was a freak out fest from beginning to end. Seriously though, Nerdy!Owen giving Tosh that little mouse squirrel... screencleaner... thing? ''Adorable''.
** From the same episode, Jack's absolute refusal to believe [[spoiler: Ianto when he confesses to killing women]]. Just hugs him and doesn't stop until he works out what really happened.
* Ianto talking to Jack [[UnbrokenVigil after refusing to leave him]] while he's in a coma in the Radio play ''The Dead Line'' is equal parts this and a somewhat ForeShadowing TearJerker.
* Another moment from the Audios ''Hidden''. Gwen's speech to Ianto after [[spoiler: he's in a very much not accidental carcrash]]. One of the moments where Gwen's status as TheHeart of the team makes real sense.
-->'''Gwen''': You're going to be fine. You hear me, Ianto? You're going to be just fine. I won't let ''anything'' happen to you.
* Jack's goodbye to Ianto in ''House of the Dead'' where he finally admits that he loves him and promises never to forget him.
** Also the whole situation that led up to that scene: [[spoiler: Jack was willing to risk the world and his soul just for the chance to see Ianto again!]]
* "I found my [[Series/DoctorWho Doctor.]]"
* Jack and Martha reunite and, despite the trauma of the previous year, get along ''incredibly'' well. Jack even shows his respect by ''not'' flirting with her in any way shape or form; she's not a normal woman who he can flirt with - she's an asskicker.