* Before he kicks the messenger into the pit and declares war on Persia, Leonidas looks at his wife meaningfully. She nods, giving her full support to his momentous action.
* This interaction between Leonidas and Gorgo. So much unsaid, but understood by both.
-->'''Leonidas:''' Yes, my lady?
-->'''Gorgo:''' Come back with your shield, or on it.
-->'''Leonidas:''' Yes, my lady.
* Leonidas' speech just before the battle begins. "Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time!"
* After the death of Astinos, Leonidas come to Captain Artemis and says "My heart is broken for your loss." In the midst of the fighting, Leonidas [[AFatherToHisMen lowers his walls a little to tell his friend that he's sorry for his son's death]].
* Leonidas's last thoughts are to his wife. Though the scene borders on tear jerker.
* Dilios' final narration.
-->Should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be, may all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones: "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, by Spartan law, we lie."