* Everyone choosing to stay at the press with William even though there might be legal trouble. The friendship and loyalty is heartwarming in itself.
* Otto going to help William and then comforting William when he worries about being like his father. (Otto doesnít do a good job, but itís the thought that counts.)
* Wuffles and Vetinari. Just their scenes together. Even though Wuffles is old and has the stinkiest of breath, Vetinari doesnít even notice. Itís clear that he loves his doggy and his doggy loves him, as Wuffles refers to him as God.
** Dogs referring to their masters as God is OlderThanSteam. The point stands, though.
* Otto finally getting the dramatic thunder he's been wanting the whole book.
* William's main reason for not publicly exposing [[spoiler: his father]] as the mastermind of the evil scheme? He doesn't want everyone to know that [[spoiler: his mother married a traitor, or the bad press to affect his siblings]].
* Villainous one, but when Mr Tulip realises that Mr Pin is having a full-on VillainousBreakdown, he does his best to cheer him up by reminding him of the good times they've had. Granted, the good times are all about them killing people in creative ways, and this is exactly the wrong thing to remind Mr Pin of at the time, but he does make a sincere effort to help his friend.