* Arutha's adventure in Silverthorn, from going all the way to Sarth, Yilth, Elvander and then all the way to Morealin, the territory of the Dark Brotherhood where he and his team were vastly outnumbered. Why did he do it? To save his beloved, that was his only reason, he didn't care for the risks, he just wanted to save her. YMMV, but this troper was touched that Arutha was willing to risk everything just for the woman he loved.
* Pug saying Arutha [=conDoin=] is one of the greatest men he ever knew.
* Gamina essentially giving up her chance of survival in Rage of a Demon King because she couldn't live without Duke James (Jimmy the Hand) and dying with him.
* When Erik, Roo and the others are reminiscing over their fallen companions in Rise of a Merchant Prince.
* [[spoiler: The ending for Magician's End. Pug is given the chance to return to life so Midkemia will always have a guardian for when there's a threat that needs magic to beat it, but he asks that his son Magnus be saved instead. The gods all agree unanimously and praise and thank Pug for all of his hard work and promise him that they will make sure Magnus is alright without him.]]