Both the book and the movie have many Crowning Moments of Heartwarming. If such a moment appears in both, it's okay to list it in both folders, since not everyone is familiar with both versions.
[[folder: Moments From the Book]]
* When Buttercup's parents watch the Count's procession as it rolls past their farm, her father comments that "Now I can die," because he has seen something so remarkable. Her mother looks at him fondly -- despite their continual quarrelling -- and says, simply, "Don't."
* Most of the narrator's recollections of his father, whom he loved deeply.
* Similarly, Inigo's relationship with his father. He adored old Domingo, and while Domingo was swept up in the creation of the six-fingered sword, Inigo made sure that he ate and slept. It's easy to see why the poor kid was so crushed when his father was murdered.
* There have been five kisses throughout history that everyone agrees deserve full marks for passion, purity, etc. Buttercup and Westley's first kiss left them ''all'' behind.
* How Fezzik nurses his drunken friend Inigo back to health.
* The narrator's reconciliation with his son in a section added for a more recent edition of the book.
[[folder: Moments From the Film]]
* The final scene.
-->'''Grandson:''' Maybe you could come over and read it to me again tomorrow.
-->'''Grandfather:''' [[MeaningfulEcho As you wish.]]
* Valerie has been ragging on her husband Max about Prince Humperdink's firing him, but when Max says he'll take the job of re-animating Wesley, Valerie's instant and completely sincere reaction is "[[HesBack Yay!]]"
* If you've ever been read a book as a child, and/or ever told a story to one, this whole movie will be a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming for you.
* The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZg8XMdgX8Y tribute to André Roussimoff]] is this and a TearJerker.
-->'''Robin Wright (Buttercup):''' I remember he used to put his hand on my head when we'd be outside and it was freezing cold where we were, and it would come down to here ''(points to her nose)''. His fingers would come here and it would cover the back of my neck, his hand was so big. And it would keep me warm.
** "What do you enjoy about this so much?" "Nobody looks at me."
** The bit about how Wallace Shawn was [[WhyDidItHaveToBeSnakes terrified of heights]] and was afraid he'd ruin the movie because he couldn't do the CliffsOfInsanity scene. [[GentleGiant Andre]] simply took him aside and promised him that he'd be fine because Andre wouldn't let him fall. Wallace had no problem at all with the scene after that.
* [[http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cool-videos-the-princess-bride-cast-reunion-minus-a-few Princess Bride cast reunion]]. Nuff said.
* "Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for awhile."
** "AAAAAAAS YOOOOOOU WIIIIIISH"
* Mandy Patinkin revealing that during his fight scene with Count Rugen he drew on the emotions he had about his father's death from cancer and pictured himself as fighting, and ultimately defeating the cancer that took his father.
** "I want my father back you son of a bitch"
* As the heroes are about to escape the palace, Inigo admits he's not sure what he should do with the rest of his life. Wesley gives him a pat on the back and makes this suggestion.
--> '''Wesley''': Have you considered piracy? [[PassingTheTorch You'd make a wonderful "Dread Pirate Roberts"]].