* This show has many, but one of the most notable occurs in "I Don't Remember Mama", when the Sheffields and Fran sit down to watch old home movies with their deceased mother Sara. Earlier in the episode, Gracie was upset that she couldn't remember her mother, so while watching, she sees her infant self playing with her mother, and Gracie exclaims "I remember that!".
* Early in season one's "Here Comes the Brood", C.C. told Gracie that Fran only pretended to love her because of her job. Fran straightened her right out with [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome one of the best speeches]] ever, all with a charming smile on her face:
-->'''Fran''': You're a lovely woman and I wish you well...[[MamaBear but if you]] ''[[MamaBear ever]]'' [[MamaBear hurt one of my kids again, they'll be wiping your blue blood off the walls.]] [[IronicEcho And I mean that in the nicest possible way.]]
** Don't forget Fran's conversation, reassuring Gracie that she really does love her:
-->'''Fran:''' It's true: I do get paid to take care of you. But I don't get paid extra for loving you. And I do.
-->'''Gracie:''' I love you too.
-->'''Fran:''' Oh, let's face it, Grace. I'm no Ivana Trump. Of course, neither is she anymore. I got one lousy Christmas club account with maybe 49 cents in it, so I gotta work for a living. Lucky for me, I got the best job in the whole wide world. I love you.
-->'''Gracie:''' So you don't just do it for the money?
-->'''Fran:''' Believe me, by the time they take out state, and federal, and FICA, it's a labor of love.
** After C.C. makes the comment that upset Gracie and Gracie runs off, Maggie immediately follows to comfort her and Brighton (seemingly in [[BigBrotherInstinct retaliation]]) smugly tells C.C. that he threw up in her purse.
** The sight of Maxwell dancing with Gracie standing on his toes is simply adorable, as Sylvia notes.
* Maxwell's proposal to Fran.
* Sara appearing to Maxwell on the eve of his wedding to tell him it's okay for him to marry Fran.
** More than that, she says she was the reason he even met Fran in the first place. Which immediately shifts to a funny moment.
-->'''Maxwell:''' And you heard her speak?\\
'''Sarah:''' I thought she had a cold.
* Grace's poem to Fran when she thought she was leaving to marry her ex-boyfriend Danny.
-->'''Grace''': F is for the fun we have together. R is for the rummy that we play. A is for the answers to my questions. N is for the nasal things you say.
** That same episode hammered how much the Sheffields and Fran were changing each other for the better, and Fran gives up the chance to get back with Danny after realizing he's such a moron and she doesn't need him.
--->'''Fran''': Were you always this stupid?!
--->'''Danny''': Yeah! It's me baby, nothing's changed!
--->'''Niles''' (''to Fran''): Perhaps ''you've'' gotten smarter.
--->'''Fran''': No I think he was always this stupid.
* When Maxwell decides to have Fran [[spoiler: sign the adoption papers, instead of a pre-nup.]]
* In "Not Without My Nanny", Maxwell [[ItMakesSenseInContext travels halfway around the world]] to tell Fran he loves her.
* In ''Kindervelt Days", Fran is depressed at the prospect of attending a summer camp reunion, so the Sheffield kids sends in her old "Win a date with Eric Estrada" sweepstakes form to cheer her up. Eric actually responds to the form, and offers to be her date to the reunion. However, he has to leave early, so Maxwell steps in as Fran's date.
* In "The Butler, the Husband, the Wife and Her Mother", Maxwell and Niles swap roles due to a lie of Fran's mother. Halfway through the charade, the Butlers' Association drops by to make a surprise appraisal of how Niles is doing as a butler. Maxwell and the rest of the household keep up the charade, but of course things eventually fall apart. The Association representatives are getting ready to give Niles a horrible appraisal, when Maxwell points out that if a family is willing put on that kind of performance for their butler, he must be a truly spectacular butler indeed and that Niles is, basically, family.
* In the finale, when Fran's father sings "Time After Time" to Fran and Maxwell at their anniversary.
* In the episode where Maxwell's brother, Nigel, proposed to Fran and she was leaving the house for what she thought was the last time. She finds Niles sleeping on the couch and she gives him a kiss on the cheek. Considering that he is one of her best friends, One could only imagine how sad them saying goodbye would've been had he been awake.
** Luckily, she comes back.
-->'''Maxwell:''' Don't you worry, Miss Fine, I've got you.
-->'''Fran:''' Boy, do you ever.
* C.C. promises to pay Niles if he escorts her to an event her ex-boyfriend was going to take her to. After their not-date, they dance together, laughing and, for once, legitimately, though still gloriously snarkily, enjoying one another's company. She gives him the check, and he casually rips it up, declaring, "This one's on me," before continuing to dance with her.
** It's particularly sweet when they snark at the ex-boyfriend together.
--> '''Niles''': He was beneath you.
--> '''C.C.''': [[DoubleEntendre Not anymore.]]
* The "The Way We Were" montage in the finale. It's fittingly hilarious and heartwarming in equal measure.
* In the final season, Brighton calls Fran "mom" and gets defensive when a bunch of his friends talk about how hot she is. Compare that to his EstablishingCharacterMoment where he had hated her on sight and tried to prank her by pretending to have been horribly stabbed.
** Similarly, when Fran is hospitalized [[spoiler: and believes she might be pregnant]] and Sylvia and Maxwell are in the waiting room, Sylvia wonders when they're going to let them in to see her. Max calls her "mom" while reassuring her that Fran's going to be alright.
--> '''Sylvia:''' "That's the first time you called me 'Mom'."
--> '''Max:''' "Well, you've been more of a mother to me than my own mother ever was."
--> '''Sylvia:''' "You've certainly seen more of me."
* Another one for CC and Niles--when Niles has a heart attack, CC is the one who is ''most'' concerned for him.
* In the pilot episode, Fran helps Maggie pick out an outfit for a party Maxwell's throwing. The instant Maxwell sees Maggie at the party, he is in complete awe at how grown up his little girl looks, and then says this:
-->'''Maxwell:''' My God... I had no idea how much she looked like her mother.
* When Maxwell's father dies, he leaves all his fortune to his 4th, hitherto unknown child, Concepción. Since Maxwell had been building upon that inheritance, the wedding plannings and the whole lifestyle of the family is in danger, so Franny goes to talk to Concepción, but she cannot bring up the money problems as they are so alike, instead welcoming her into the family and inviting her to the wedding. At the end of the episode, right when everyone is resigned to their fates with Maxwell assuring Franny that he wants to marry her and they will get by, the lawyer comes in and says that Concepción decided to share her inheritance with her siblings... because Franny welcomed her into the family.
* After C.C. returns after her nervous breakdown caused by Maxwell and Fran’s marriage, she has a conversation with Niles, where she proceeds to discover a rather heartwarming tidbit about her time at the hospital.
-->'''C.C.:''' You know, Niles, when I away at the... ''place''... it was really scary, because when I was all doped up, I kept hearing these voices; ''“Maxwell loves Fran”'', ''“You’re alone and old”''...\\
'''Niles:''' ''“You have to wear a straightjacket to feel a man’s arms around you”''...\\
'''C.C.:''' That was ''you''?!\\
'''Niles:''' ''(smirks and nods)''\\
'''C.C.:''' ...You ''did'' come and visit me, you old softie!