Some heartwarming and occasionally [[TearJerker tear-jerking]] moments:
* September 20, 2001: [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-20-2001/september-11--2001 The first post-September 11th, 2001 show.]] Just all of it.
** In the Moment of Zen, Jon says that, in the spirit of making the viewers smile in these times, they brought a puppy. [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-20-2001/a-puppy He promptly takes out an adorable puppy from under his desk and coos at it to not be scared,]] and he does this while being entirely sincere in his desire for people to smile again.
* September 13, 2005: [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-13-2005/kurt-vonnegut Kurt Vonnegut's interview.]] The entire room - Jon, the audience, even the camera - is in awe of the man, and [[Creator/KurtVonnegut rightly so.]]
* April 12, 2007: The Moment of Zen is a clip from the aforementioned Creator/KurtVonnegut interview, ending with a title card saying [[Literature/SlaughterhouseFive "So it goes"]].
* The Report and ''The Daily Show'', between them, have quite a few Crowning Moments of Heartwarming. A few that come to mind: The first time Steve Carell came back as a guest; Colbert's combination civil-rights episode and tribute to his striking writers and his own father; the "[[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-december-20-2006/moment-of-zen---moment-of-ben Moment of Ben]]" when Ben Karlin left TDS (it was a waterskiing squirrel); the standing-ovation toss when Colbert came back from Iraq; and Stewart's response the day after Colbert's speech at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Association dinner ("We've never been prouder of our Mr. Colbert, and, uh... holy shit.")
* November 4, 2008: [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-4-2008/indecision-2008--barack-obama-wins Jon's reaction]] to BarackObama winning the 2008 Presidential election.
* June 29, 2009: After Music/MichaelJackson's death, [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-29-2009/intro---rip-jacko-nickname Jon asks everyone to stop calling Michael "Jacko" or "Wacko Jacko"]].
-->'''Jon:''' However you felt about the man, whatever your opinions are, I believe we, as a people, should make a rule that [[NeverSpeakIllOfTheDead once you die… whatever derisive nickname that we used for you, it dies with you.]] So can we stop calling him 'Jacko' now? After you die, can a brother get a 'Mr. Jackson'?
* November 19, 2009: [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-19-2009/gaywatch---peter-vadala---william-phillips Mick Foley]] comes on the show and vows to protect a 10-year-old who supports gay rights from bullies.
** From that very same episode, Andrew [=McMahon=] of the band Jack's Mannequin discussed his battle with leukemia, and performed his song [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-19-2009/jack-s-mannequin---swim "Swim"]]. Two [=CMoH's=] in one show. Not bad.
* At the Rally To Restore Sanity on October 30, 2010, basically asking everyone why can't we all just get along no matter what our political views are.
** Also, this statement:
-->'''Jon''': We are living in hard times...not end times.
* Getting Congress to pass the 9/11 first responders bill, providing them with much-needed healthcare. It really says something that a news-comedy show managed to turn a nine-year, shameful neglect of America's 9/11 heroes from a political logjam along party lines into a bipartisan passage.
** Of course, FridgeHorror takes effect once you realize that it was up to a COMEDY program to bring the insanity of this issue to light, instead of any of the news networks.
* January 10, 2011: His serious and sensible reaction to the [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-10-2011/arizona-shootings-reaction Arizona shootings]], treating such an incident with the respect it deserves [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-13-2011/veiled-criticism instead of]] trying to make it about something it's not or using it to push his views on people.
* His tribute to Clarence Clemons, "The Big Man" on 6/20/2011. [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-20-2011/moment-of-zen---remembering-clarence-clemons "Here it is, MY moment of zen."]]
* July 12, 2011: Jon [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-july-12-2011/kid-rock "outs" Kid Rock]] as a "responsible, caring, diligent, professional parent".
* September 20, 2011: With the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy taken down, Jon [[http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-20-2011/a-few-gay-men---a-look-back-at-america-s-military-policy-on-gays showed a clip]] [[http://gawker.com/5842347/jon-stewart-celebrates-the-end-of-dont-ask-dont-tell of a gay soldier telling his father he's gay]], and his father responding that he still loves him. Jon even teared up.
--> '''Jon:''' [[SarcasmMode What kind of Monster...has unconditional love in their families]]?
** And then it was a CrowningMomentOfFunny / TearJerker when a Tea Party audience insisted that the man shouldn't serve anymore now that he's out of the closet. John pointed out that the man's biceps were bigger than most people's heads, so getting a strong guy out of the armed forces (or being a jerk to him) isn't a good idea.
--->'''Jon:''' If he turned into TheHulk his arms wouldn't get bigger, they'd just turn green.
* The interview with Denis Leary- they talked little about the movie but they talked about their careers, their kids and ribbed each other with the comfortableness of two men who known each other for a long time.
** This happens everytime Leary comes on the show, ten minutes of the two just catching up whatever brought Leary on long forgotten about.
* February 25, 2013: His willingness to apologize for using Dick Molpus, a politician who fought for civil rights, as the center for a joke about how Mississippi failed to ratify the banning of slavery.
* April 4, 2013: The day Creator/RogerEbert died, the Moment of Zen was a clip from a 2006 interview with him, talking about his hilariously scathing review of Jon's movie ''DeathToSmoochy''.
* On April 16, 2013, Jon dedicated the entire opening act of the show to talking about how much he enjoyed hearing about the acts of heroism and kindness that people displayed in the immediate aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings, managing to both be funny and utterly heartwarming at the same time.
** And as a small tribute, that whole week, the globe on the set that scrolls through real/joke city names at the start of every episode (see CouchGag on the main page) simply said "Boston Boston Boston" over and over.
*** Not only did he do that but he also switched his usual Daily Show mugs for a Boston Celtics (for himself) and a Boston Bruins mug (for his guest). Not bad for someone who is a huge fan of most of the New York sports teams.
* After the incident where Revolution Muslim made death threats against Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Jon not only stood up for the ''WesternAnimation/SouthPark'' writers, he also made it clear that whatever disputes he had with FoxNews, he didn't consider them enemies.
* June 27, 2013: Jon shows up via Skype to praise John Oliver over the job he's been doing as guest host of The Daily Show.
* August 15, 2013: John Oliver thanks everyone for their support during his time as guest host.
* September 24, 2013: Jon congratulates Stephen for ''Series/TheColbertReport'' winning the Best Writing Emmy, breaking The Daily Show's 10-year winning streak.
* October 3, 2013: Jon thanks the viewers for getting the book ''The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism'' to Amazon's #1 spot [[ColbertBump after watching the October 1, 2013 segment on it.]]
* October 8, 2013: Malala Yousafzai getting a near minute long round of applause after she spoke with Jon. Then just before the Moment of Zen Jon saying that she was one of the finest examples of the human spirit and that he was so honored to have spoken with her.
** "Would your dad be mad if I adopted you?"
* October 29, 2013: While determining which state is more homophobic and therefore, least likely to legalize gay marriage, Alabama or Mississippi, Al Madrigal has the two actors playing a gay couple stage a proposal in an Alabama Waffle House restaurant. Everyone there applauds when it's accepted.
* November 20, 2013: When Jon's rant on Chicago-style/deep dish pizza [[DudeNotFunny outraged]] [[BerserkButton Chicagoans]], Jon invites Chicago pizza maker Marc Malnati to share some some pizza, agreeing to a truce and bonding in a mutual loathing of California-style pizza.
* December 19, 2013: In John Oliver's last show as a Daily Show correspondent, a montage of some of John's funniest moments is shown, capped off with Jon and John doing the "Carlos Danger" dance.