!!From [[TheBradyBunch the series]]
* In the first of many episodes to explore Jan's middle child insecurity, Jan gets a mystery locket in the mail and much of the episode is about her trying to find out her admirer is. At the end it turns out to be Alice, a middle child herself who understands Jan's insecurities all too well and wanted to give her that feeling of being special. Jan's response? "As long as I have this locket, I'll always feel like someone special".
* A similar incident happens with Bobby pretends to be a secret admirer for Cindy, who wishes she were older and more glamorous. When Cindy wants to meet the guy, he offers his friend a half-dollar to play the part of the admirer...only for the kid to fall for Cindy for real and give Bobby back his money.
* On the pilot episode, Mike notices that the photo of the boys' birth mother is missing from the dresser. Bobby admits that he put it away because he didn't think Carol would want to see it. Mike tells him to put it back. "I don't want you to forget your mother, and neither does Carol."
* In the first season Marcia writes a letter to a local newspaper saying why her new stepfather should get their "Father of the Year" award. In order to secretly mail it she sneaks out of the house past curfew. She gets caught and Mike has to punish her by not allowing her to go with the family on a ski trip. The newspaper picks Mike based on Marcia's letter and a TV crew goes to the house to surprise him and present his award. That's when Mike discovers why Marcia snuck out of the house. He reads Marcia's letter "Even though he's been my dad for a short time, no father could be a realer father than Michael Brady." Mike then hugs Marcia.
* In the 3rd season, Mike's anniversary present to Carol is a professional photo of the kids together. Unfortunately, Jan ruins it by crashing her bike into it and the kids have to go out and get a new one without their dad finding out. They succeed, but afterwards Mike corners Jan and tells her he knows something happened because she's wearing her glasses in the new photo; when she tells him the whole story he tries to ground her from riding her bike, but Jan says that won't work because she already sold her bike to pay for the new picture. Mike is so blown over by her integrity that he decides not to punish her and promises to get her bike back.