* The moment in Ptolemy's Gate when Ptolemy dismissed Bartimaeus even as they were attacked by twenty djin, and Bartimaeus trying fight the dismissal spell to stay and protect him. Same goes for [[spoiler: Nathaniel doing the same]].
* Kitty being willing to [[spoiler: cross over into the Spirit World for Bartimaeus.]]
* For many, it's a TearJerker whenever Bartimaeus talks about Ptolemy.
** The CerebusRetcon present when rereading the trilogy, in ''Amulet of Samarkand,'' Bartimaeus only mentions Ptolemy in passing as "someone I had once loved." It comes back to bite in ''Ptolemy's Gate.''
* Miss Luttyens trying to defend Nathaniel from demons - happens offscreen, but it still counts.
* The entire Nathaniel/Kitty relationship. After books of surprisingly subtle FoeRomanceSubtext, they manage to grow on each other at the end. [[EveryoneCanSeeIt Even Bartimaeus can see it]], as he incesantly does romantic references when the two work together. [[spoiler:This only makes Nathaniel's HeroicSacrifice a bigger TearJerker.]]