Even if you mostly pay attention to the songs throughout the series, ''The Backyardigans'' does have a lot of Heartwarming moments.
* Two moments during the framing scene for "The Heart of the Jungle";
** Tyrone is pretending to be Tarzan. Then Pablo comes out into the yard and decides that he's Tarzan too. Tyrone has no problem with this and is all too happy to share the role. Then Austin comes out into the yard and decides that he's Tarzan, too... and neither Tyrone and Pablo have a problem with it and let him join in. The three boys are perfectly content and happy with sharing the role, because they apparently decided ahead of time that each would portray a different aspect of Tarzan's characterization.
** When Uniqua comes out to the backyard, Austin asks if she pretending to be Tarzan, too. The fact that none of the boys are assuming that Uniqua can't pretend to be Tarzan just because she's a girl is pretty sweet. They even seem disappointed when Uniqua reveals that she's actually pretending to be a jungle explorer.
* Uniqua playing Soccer with "Soccer Monster" Pablo in ''Monster Detective'', despite Tyrone's objections and knowing fully well that she will turn into one herself. But she knew [[TheWoobie Pablo]] was lonely, and decided that she'd rather [[FaceHeelTurn give up her free will]] if it means [[IWantMyBelovedToBeHappy making someone else happy]]. Likewise, the transformation ''did'' happen, much to Tyrone's horror, though the only noticeable change other than her sudden love of soccer is just [[CuteMonsterGirl getting a torn shirt that still makes her look cute]].
** The events cause Tyrone to enter a HeroicBSOD, since his current case to take back a stolen ball has failed due to it's owner pulling a FaceHeelTurn. No matter; he still has a job to do, and orders Pablo to give Uniqua back her ball. Pablo does... and they continue to play as if nothing happened. ''Then'', Tyrone asks if he can play as well. They allow him, sing about it, and then Tyrone kicks a goal... and becomes a Soccer Monster ''himself''.
** A smaller one earlier in the episode is Pablo [[PetTheDog offering Uniqua a tissue]] after hearing her sneeze despite them being foes at the time. This shows that he is just a MisunderstoodLonerWithAHeartOfGold who is a tad obsessed with soccer, and he only steals balls in the hopes of making friends with the owners.
* During "Race Around The World", despite Austin really wanting to win the gold medal and him being in last place for the majority of the race, he still helps out Uniqua, Pablo, and Tyrone when they get into trouble. He could've easily passed them by and used it as an opportunity to win, but instead Austin shows sportsmanship to his competitors by helping them continue the race.
** This is especially noticeable during the desert portion; Austin feels bad about ending up in last place (even singing an entire song about it) and is hoping that there's some lucky break that can somehow help him win the race. He soon finds the other racers dehydrated sitting underneath a cactus because they didn't bring a water bottle. Austin shares his water bottle with them. He could have taken that opportunity to walk past them and win, but he doesn't.
** There's also the fact when Austin wins the race and his first gold medal [[GracefulLoser the other racers cheer his victory alongside him]].
* In "Scared Of You", Austin thinks Tasha had forgotten his birthday. When he gets back from his mission to retrieve the monsters (Tyrone, Uniqua, and Pablo), he discovers that Tasha had actually set up a surprise birthday party for him. The fantasy concludes with all of them having a monster dance party.
* No matter who the heroes or villains are in their daily adventures, when it's all over and it's snacktime, all 5 kids are the [[TrueCompanions best of friends.]]
* A mild example, but an example nonetheless: When Tyrone and Tasha are doing a photo shoot in 'The Yeti, one of the pictures is of [[PuppyLove Tyrone hugging Tasha's arm.]] Aww.