* Lindsey's entire one-sided conversation with Bud as he dives to find the wayward nuke. Approaches TearJerker territory by the end of it.
-->'''Bud:''' ''(typing)'' [[foldercontrol]]
[[folder: Don't cry baby. Knew this was one-way ticket but you know I had to come. Love you wife. ]]
* The resuscitation scene. Borders on TearJerker--even One Night is crying over Lindsey's apparently dead body.
-->'''Bud:''' '''''"Goddammit, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight!"'''''
* After Bud tells everyone he's still alive, he tells everybody that the aliens never wanted to hurt anybody, they just don't like watching us ''hurting each other''. It's nice to know they care!
** It was Bud's determination to save the aliens and his Declaration Of Love to Lindsey that not only prompted them to save him, but also ended up saving Earth in general.
* Hippie risking his life to save his pet rat.
* The ending, and the reunion between Bud and Lindsey. And to think, they were apparently headed to "the Big D" at the beginning of the film.
-->'''Lindsey:''' Hi, Brigman.\\
'''Bud:''' Hi, Mrs. Brigman.