'''SPOILERS''' from the previous book(s) in the series are unmarked.
* Most interactions between any dragon and their captain/companions, which is usually of absolute, mutual devotion and love. Just imagine a huge, intimidating dragon cuddling up to their favorite person in the world. Aww!
!!His Majesty's Dragon
* During a discussion of how dragons like hoarding and how Laurence is not particularly wealthy, Temeraire says, offhand, how he would rather have Laurence than any heap of gold.
-->''He said it quite normally, not in the least as though he meant to deliver a compliment, and immediately went back to looking at clouds; Laurence was left gazing after him in a sensation of mingled amazement and extraordinary pleasure. He could scarcely imagine a similar feeling; the only parallel he could conceive from his old life would be if the ''Reliant'' had spoken to say she liked to have him for her captain: both praise and affection, from the highest source imaginable, and it filled him with fresh determination to prove worth of the encomium.''
* The aviators tried to separate Laurence and Temeraire, but Temeraire wasn't having any. Being a dragon, he pitches one hell of an impressive hissy fit, bringing Laurence running back. Then...
-->"If you would like to have your ship back," Temeraire said, "I will let someone else ride me. Not him, because he says things that are not true; but I will not make you stay."\\
Laurence stood motionless for a moment, his hands still on Temeraire's head, with the dragon's warm breath curling around him. "No, my dear," he said at last, softly, knowing it was only the truth. "I would rather have you than any ship in the Navy."
* It's a rather small gesture, but when Laurence presents Temeraire with his chain and seeing how ''happy'' Temeraire is when he gets it. And when Laurence goes back to find Temeraire after he rejects Lieutenant Dayes, Laurence finds Temeraire dejectedly curled on the floor stroking his chain...
* A bittersweet moment coming after the tragedy of [[spoiler:Levitas']] death. Lenton is concerned that Rankin will almost immediately harness another dragon, a soon-to-hatch Winchester in Chatham. Laurence recommends Hollin for the position instead:
-->'''Lenton''', about Hollin: "Not a gentleman, I suppose?"\\
'''Laurence''': "No, sir, unless by gentleman you mean a man of honour rather than breeding."
* When Laurence and Temeraire [[spoiler: go to what they think will be their deaths, for duty and to try and save their friends.]] Of course, then Temeraire gets his CrowningMomentOfAwesome and all bets are off...
!!Throne of Jade
* The friendship between Lawrence and Granby, considering they started on the wrong foot, is quite touching.
** When marines arrive to arrest Lawrence, Granby makes a gesture and ''all'' the members of Temeraire's crew stand between them and Lawrence, joining the captain in the black list.
* Even Yongxing notices that Lawrence and Temeraire will never willingly leave each other, so he resorts to [[EveryManHasHisPrice other]] [[MurderIsTheBestSolution methods]] to achieve his goal.
!!Black Powder War
* Lawrence and Tharkay's conversation after they have evaded pursuit, where one of the strongest frienships in the series was forged.
* When Sara Maden comes to the aviators' quarters to tell them she found where the gold was taken, Lawrence initially assumes she's here to elope with Tharkay. His reaction:
-->''He did not know what to do. With all the sympathy in the world he could not in honor endorse a clandestine meeting or worse yet an elopement, and then besides he was in her father’s debt; but if they asked him for assistance, he wondered how he could refuse.''
!!Empire of Ivory
* When Berkley hears there might be a cure for the [[IncurableCoughOfDeath consumption]] slowly killing Maximus:
-->[Lawrence and Temeraire] had scarcely set down outside the barren clearing where Maximus slept, before Berkley came striding out to them and seizing Laurence by the arms nearly shook him, saying ferociously, “For God’s sake, say it is true, and not some damned fairy-tale,” and he turned aside and covered his face when Laurence gave his assent.
* Lawrence decides to [[spoiler: [[ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight deliver the cure to the French, saving the lives of thousands of dragons]].]] If anything, he's ashamed that Temeraire had to talk him into it. While the consequences for Laurence were [[DoomedMoralVictor severe]], his stand had great long-term value. The Aerial Corps learned that if they disregarded a vile order, the Admiralty couldn't do a thing to enforce it. And, much more grudgingly, so did the Admiralty.
!!Victory of Eagles
* Laurence and Temeraire's reunion.
--> ''Temeraire bent down his head and peered at Laurence very closely, and put out his tongue experimentally to sniff at him, and then at last he cautiously, so cautiously, put out his forehand to curl about Laurence and lift him up, and oh, he was quite solid: he was there, and he was not dead at all, and Temeraire gave a low joyful cry and curled around him tightly and said, "Oh Laurence; I shall never let anyone take you from me again."''
* The end, where Tharkay, Emily Roland, Demane, Sipho, and even Iskierka and Granby elect to follow Laurence and Temeraire all the way to Australia. Given how horribly Laurence views himself at this point, he's rather overcome.
!!Tongues of Serpents
* When the little egg hatches, the dragonet is unfortunately disfigured, weak, and cannot fly. [[JerkAss Rankin]] wants to kill him, but first Laurence steps in to provide for the hatchling, despite the wedge it would create between himself and Temeraire. But then,
-->He turned, and stopped: the hatchling was feasting...[on] kangaroo, with a loop of belt around its neck for token harness, and [[spoiler:Demane]] looked up and said, "I am naming him Kulingile. It means 'all is well.'"
* Demane and Emily's entire relationship. Considering the time period, this is absolutely unheard of, and the fact that the feelings are mutual between them just makes it sweeter.
!!Crucible of Gold
* Lawrence apologizing to Ferris. Depending on one's feelings about the former first lieutenant, it crosses into TearJerker territory.
* Lawrence decides to support [[spoiler: the Tswana in their campaign to free the slaves]], pulling a ScrewTheRulesImDoingWhatsRight and TakingAThirdOption simultaneously.
* Lethabo's activities pairing escaped slaves up with dragons. She's pretty obviously lying through her teeth about many of the former slaves being descendants of Tswana slaves but at the end of the day the former slaves are protected and the dragons have families again so it's really hard to object to her tactics.
!!Blood of Tyrants
* After Temeraire has inadvertently revealed to the amnesiac Laurence his treachery against Britain in ''Empire of Ivory''. Laurence gets a HeroicBSOD, but soon gets over it, and goes to find Temeraire, who has since begun considering the negative impact he's had on the lives of those around him. When they next meet, Temeraire tries to apologise to Laurence for his role in his treachery and the loss of his fortune, but Laurence reassures him that he doesn't care. Temeraire finally offers to let Laurence leave him, feeling he'd be happier if he'd never harnessed him, but Laurence denies this; stating he wouldn't change anything that's happened to him, even if he could.
** In fact, his enlightened sense of his role in life (obtained as a result of his amnesia) is one big CMOH as, eventually, Laurence admits to himself that he's glad for the way he has changed in the last 8 years, treason included, when he says goodbye to [[OfficialCouple Granby and Little]], with the latter very unsure of Laurence's stance on their relationship now that his memory has returned. While the Laurence of 8 years ago would have reported cases of fraternization like theirs despite the hell it would unleash for the individuals involved, the Laurence he is now would gladly overlook the rules. He then wishes them all the luck as he says goodbye.
!!League of Dragons
* [[spoiler: With the war won, Laurence and Temeraire return to England in retirement and find many changes in society that, while not overly dramatic, are a stark difference to how the pair were treated in several respects in the past:]]
** [[spoiler: Mostly due to the exagerrated, though by no means false, efforts through which the pair claimed victory over the war, Temeraire and Laurence are hailed as heroes, overwriting their reputation as traitors to the Crown. Temeraire even has merchandise of him being sold!]]
** [[spoiler: Laurence reconciles with his mother and is finally at peace with himself.]]
** [[spoiler: Dragons all over Europe are finally beginning to see social reform thanks to Temeraire's and Perscitia's Dragon Rights Act 1816, with the British and Scottish dragons getting their own land and twenty-three seats in Parliament.]]
* Tharkay is finally [[spoiler: restored his inheritance, where his father's family had stolen it on account of his birth. He invites Laurence and Temeraire to live with him as thanks for their friendship, and aid in getting his fortune back]].