* "Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels... His was the most... ''human.''" Doubles as an EPIC TearJerker.
* "You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours." It has a [[TearJerker heartbreaking]] callback later, but the initial moment warms the heart indeed. Perhaps even ''more'' heartwarming in the way Spock says it--a simple, matter-of-fact utterance, as though it's an essential, inevitable and natural part of who he is. He could have been reeling off "Spock, son of Sarek and Amanda, Science Officer and First Officer of the Starship ''Enterprise'', friend to Captain James T. Kirk..." And considering Spock's personality, for him to matter-of-factly accept any emotion whatsoever...! Yeah. Whatever the nature of their relationship was, those two men ''loved'' each other.
** "I have always been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long... and prosper."
* The reconciliation scene between Kirk and his son: "I'm proud... very proud... to be your son."
* ''The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.''
* ''. . .or the one.''
* Spock [[spoiler: giving his katra]] to Bones. [[ThePowerofTrust Talk about the ultimate expression of trust.]]
** Especially considering their relationship on the show- finding a scene where the two weren't sniping at one another for one reason or another in their own way (Bones in his hot-blooded, emotional rhetoric, Spock in his cool, deadpan, logical manner) is hard to find. To know that Spock trusted Bones enough despite- or perhaps because of- this... it's heartwarming.
* "I feel... young." The whole theme of new life and new beginnings, even after death and tragedy, is truly heartwarming.
* Over the course of the TV series and films we've seen Spock and Bones argue about just about anything but in this film they are both in total agreement, albeit in different scenes, that Jim accepting promotion was a huge mistake on his part and they urge him to get back his command. It's nice to see them finally agree on something.
* Bones' last line of the movie, especially [[HeartwarmingInHindsight now that Leonard Nimoy has passed away]].
-->'''[=McCoy:=]''' He's not really dead, as long as we remember him.