* After being shot down at the end of Sky Chase Act 1, Sonic crash lands back in Station Square and the very first thing he does is worry himself sick over Tails, who was piloting the very same Tornado plane that got blasted down by Robotnik's Egg Carrier. Sonic really does care that much about his best pal.
* When E-102 Gamma let Amy and Birdie from their prison cell.
* Amy again, when she defended E-102 from Sonic. It showed that she isn't always a spoiled little brat.
* Near the end in Knuckles' story, after he watches Sonic chase after Eggman, Knuckles states that he'll let Sonic handle things here and assures that he'll do okay, citing the respect he has for the hedgehog.
* Come on, regardless of what you think of Big or his gameplay, say you didn't smile just a little when [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XfEAnqzpo he got Froggy back for good.]]
* The ending of Tails' story when he decides to stop Eggman from destroying Station Square by himself, complete with townspeople cheering him on.
* The ending of Knuckles' story where he is musing about accepting his fate as guardian of the Master Emerald and mentions how he's at peace again.
* The entire ending of E-102 Gamma is both this and a TearJerker. [[spoiler:After a climatic battle between E-101 Beta MK II, he finds that it was powered by a Flicky and as he walks past it, he realizes that his "brother" was actually his husband, the birdie that Amy was taking care of was her child, and that he, or rather the animal inside him, are those Flickies' wife and mother. With this knowledge, Gamma succumbs to the damage he received from the battle and self-destructs, freeing the Flicky and letting her reunite with her husband.]]
* A small one for Sonic. In the last story, instead of simply resorting to sealing Perfect Chaos back in the Master Emerald, he'd rather find another way of putting a stop to him - by wanting to help the creature heal on the inside, help remove the anger the creature has harbored over the centuries.
** And after Chaos is back to normal, Tikal soothes his mind by showing him that his precious Chao are living peacefully alongside humans, before the two of them ascend into the sky, finally at peace.
* If you leave Sonic idle inside Chao World, he'll say something along the lines of, "Are you guys being good?" In the same tone of voice a father would use to his children after returning home from work. D'awww.
* The very soundtrack itself has several of these moments since it's so expansive and variegated for a video game, let alone one in which you'll only hear a small section of most of the tracks. It really succeeds in conveying Sonic's character; a speed demon with a love of adventure and soaking in the splendor of his surroundings without a care in the world (it's what he even says in his theme song, ''It Doesn't Matter''). Choice moments that just cry out TheWorldIsJustAwesome include the introspective piano solo of the faster second Emerald Coast track, the "At Dawn" track which concludes Speed Highway, and the aforementioned ''It Doesn't Matter'' appearing in the Twinkle Circuit track.