* [[spoiler: As Karl prepares to leave, he sits by the lake with his new best friend, the boy Frank. Karl gingerly puts his arm around Frank and says, "I love you, boy." [[ManlyTears Not a dry eye in my head when I first saw it.]]]]
* [[spoiler: After Karl revisits his home and gives a ReasonYouSuckSpeech to his senile/insane old father, he visits the gravesite he created so long ago for his premature little brother and honors him briefly... "Little feller."]]
* Karl proclaims that he'd never hurt Linda or Frankie, and would lay his hand on the Bible and say the same thing.
* Despite not seeming to be interested in Melinda, Karl Keeps the flowers she gave him.
* Everybody except Doyle seems to get along with Karl just fine. Even Doyle's band.
* "That boy, he lives in his own heart... That's an awful big place to live in."